Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ps3 or xbox? Watch

ReputationRep:
    hello im thinking of getting either a ps3 or xbox for christmas but dunno which one is best. any help?

ReputationRep:
    People will argue to death about both but just get the one which most of your friends have because you will have a better time playing with mates

ReputationRep:
    google

ReputationRep:
    If this thread takes off you're going to get a massive flame war. Like the previous guy said, get the one which all your friends have because having friends to talk about games and play online with is awesome

ReputationRep:
    This will always be a contentious subject. Both have benefits over the other. I've found though that its always best to follow your friends on this. Multiplayer is so much more fun when you play with friends!

ReputationRep:
    thanksss

ReputationRep:
    The PS3 won't die on you randomly with the "red ring of death". Trust me, I have both and I can tell you that the PS3 is the best.

ReputationRep:
    I have a PS3, get an Xbox.

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy multiplayer stuff get whatever your friends have. If they all have PS3's get one, if it's 360's get that.

ReputationRep:
    IMO there aren't a lot of games for girls on Xbox. Having said that, I really really enjoyed Oblivion and Fable, not sure if these are available on PS3 too though. I still rate my Wii, so to speak lol. Obv the graphics aren't anywhere near as good as some other consoles, but I find it the most fun.

ReputationRep:
    I have x,w,p,n
    but none are the best.
    Computer FTW

ReputationRep:
    That's quite vague Depends what you want to play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazaroo)
    IMO there aren't a lot of games for girls on Xbox..
    Bit sexist, what about Call of Duty?

ReputationRep:
    My stock response:

They're very evenly matched. Both are very good. Great games for both. Both have some good exclusives. Echo what other people have said about getting what your friends have if you're interested in multiplayer.

Time to put on my flameproof underwear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    Bit sexist, what about Call of Duty?
    It depends what sort of games you like though doesn't it. If you're not into things like CoD, then there aren't a lot of games say like Little Big Planet etc. Bit more bright and colorful games if you know what I mean. If you are into CoD games though, then you gotta get Black Ops! Can't put it down.

ReputationRep:
    If you like to watch films, get PS3. It has blu-ray player and the pq/aq is amazing compared to dvd. Not to mention, PS3 is 3D ready

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazaroo)
    It depends what sort of games you like though doesn't it. If you're not into things like CoD, then there aren't a lot of games say like Little Big Planet etc. Bit more bright and colorful games if you know what I mean. If you are into CoD games though, then you gotta get Black Ops! Can't put it down.
    lol, all girls have to be into CoD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    lol, all girls have to be into CoD.
    I love it! Didn't think it would be my sorta game, as I like Fable because its got a sorta girly element to it, but OH got CoD and we argue about getting on the xbox now lol. I have honestly never played PS3 though so I can't really comment on it. Oblivion is an absolute classic too, its one of those games that you ca do the main storyline, but it would take you hours upon hours to actually 100% complete it because there are so many little missions on there.

ReputationRep:
    PS3 has better exclusives (Uncharted, Heavy Rain etc.) but Xbox has more online content. Personally go for Xbox since I play with my friends online a lot, and the online experience is easier to use on Xbox than it is on PS3. Depends what you want the console for really. Gaming, or gaming with friends.

ReputationRep:
    I have an xbox, but get what your friends have.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.