Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you think homework is nessisary or pointless?

ReputationRep:
    Both

ReputationRep:
    It can't be both, it's either nessisary or pointless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cord)
    Do you think homework is nessisary or pointless?
    I'd say it's necessary, it helps you to learn things like how to spell necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Pmsl! I knew it was spelled wrong but I couldn't be arsed to get the dictionary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cord)
    Actually I've had some pretty unnecessary assignments, so yeah it can be both.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is one of those things that doesn't seem to help until you look back in hindsight.

ReputationRep:
    depends what the homework is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I think it is one of those things that doesn't seem to help until you look back in hindsight.
    Yeah well that just sucks I want hindsight vision before hand.

ReputationRep:
    Actually that's true. I mean like the stuff a teacher always sets on a certain day and it's always due in for another day, and sometimes they end up rummaging around just for something for you to do.

ReputationRep:
    But what's the point of working 30 hours work a week then having to do an extra 4 hours (minimum) in time that is supposed to be yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waya)
    Yeah well that just sucks I want hindsight vision before hand.
    Don't we all lol, don't we all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cord)
    But what's the point of working 30 hours work a week then having to do an extra 4 hours (minimum) in time that is supposed to be yours?
    Wait until you get into the real world 40+ hour work weeks w/ no free time, homework isn't that bad trust me.

ReputationRep:
    But people my age need spare time to be kids in! If kids have no free time, "All work and no play makes jack a mindless automaton"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waya)
    Wait until you get into the real world 40+ hour work weeks w/ no free time, homework isn't that bad trust me.
    you get paid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JSM)
    you get paid
    Yeah and my whole paycheck goes to someone named 'bill'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cord)
    It can!

Most of the time I find it useful in going over the stuff learnt in class, giving you a good understanding of it etc.

However when I think of some of the pointless busy work crap they gave us in school (particularly years 7-9) you might as well be watching tv, it would probably be more constructive.

ReputationRep:
    I wish i could tick all of those, but the poll is radio buttons, not check boxes, so i will do 'innie minnie miney mo'!

ReputationRep:
    what about coursework?

In some subjects, eg sciences/DT, fair enough. But what point is there in doing coursework for subjects with an exam which is the same as the coursework, eg History or languages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    what about coursework?

In some subjects, eg sciences/DT, fair enough. But what point is there in doing coursework for subjects with an exam which is the same as the coursework, eg History or languages.
    I never had to do coursework for my languages at gcse, but we did do history and english. I think with history it allowed u to research alot around the topic, and with english it meant u could spend the time perfecting the sentences and really making the most out of the piece u were analyzing etc.

edit:damn my typos

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.