Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Frankie Boyle - Tramadol Nights Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watch this last night? And was anyone else very disappointed?

I don't really know what I was expecting but Frankie would have been the last person I pictured donning some silly costume to make a sketch show. None of which was particularly funny imo. Although I did LOL when Loose Women Iran popped up.

And his stand-up wasn't much to go on either I thought, just sounded like rehashed gags and the odd insult at random people in the crowd . It seemed like he was just going through the same old routine, nothing new.

What did you guys think of it, personally I think he's trying too hard to be the next Jerry Sadowitz, but having a mainstream TV show doesn't seem the way to do it to me.

ReputationRep:
    started watching it.
    checked about 10 x to make sure it was indeed Frankie boyle.
    ended up watching my little sisters little mermaid dvd

....dont judge me- I was bored dammit!

ReputationRep:
    I watched for about 2 minutes- he just isn't really a sketch show type comedian. It wasn't funny, and he looked strange playing different characters (not obviously his fault, but it was just wrong to me )

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think that it was that bad to be honest. I'd agree about the stand up - I found it to be too much based on insults as well. I did think that some of the sketch bits were actually quite funny - the Knight Rider bit for example.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, was nowhere near as good as I was expecting. But then I suppose he couldn't have just done stand-up because then that would be pretty much the same as him on MTW or Live at the Apollo etc. Doesn't mean the sketches were particularly good though.
    He's a really funny man to see live but even then you get the sense that everything is a bit too thought-through. Grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norris197)
    Anyone else watch this last night? And was anyone else very disappointed?
    that's what you get for liking unfunny tw*ts like frankie boyle

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit hit-and-miss. I did find George Michael's Highway Code funny.

ReputationRep:
    It was really ****.

ReputationRep:
    Not a patch on his MTW days.

he doesn't understand that he needs some original material instead of repeating his once original material over and over again.

If he can't come up with a seemingly endless barrage of offensive jokes then he's not as good as I once thought he was.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.