Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What I don't get about the apprentice Watch

ReputationRep:
    So its filmed months before being shown, every week one person is fired and goes home. Wouldn't this person go back to work, or atleast go back to living normal life, meeting friends and family etc. in doing so would automatically inform them that they didn't win, as they are back early (they would say so anyway). So, come the time of showing wouldn't word get out who was fired before the end of filming (and so is not the winner), and then everyone would work out who the winner was? Forget that, even the winner him/herself would tell people wouldn't they? How can that not get out?

ReputationRep:
    Probably gets sworn to secrecy? Have to sign all sorts of contracts.

They are sworn to secrecy lol. Obviously there will be a few people who will know who has one ie. friends and famiy of the winner but the majority of viewers will be non the wiser. I'm sure I heard Lord Sugar say on The Apprentice: You're Fired that there will be a live final for this current series.

ReputationRep:
      I think the two finalists work for him for six months each, and then he finally decides close to it being aired or something?

ReputationRep:
      I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the final doesn't happen until right before its actually aired - so there's a massive gap between the rest of the shows and the final.

But no idea how the rest don't get leaked...

ReputationRep:
      Each contestant is locked in Lord Sugar's cellar until it is safe to announce the result? Just a hunch.

ReputationRep:
      Oh god I ALWAYS wondered this myself!! Being sworn to secrecy or anything like that really doesn't prevent information leaking. Hell if secret US government documents can get leaked, it amazes me that the poorly-concealed details of a simple BBC show aren't widely available on the internet for all to see.

I really don't understand it... at all.

ReputationRep:
      The final is filmed very close to airing

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.