Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone study psychology and sociology at Brunel uni?
    Is it 50/50 of each subject or is there more of psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STAR A)
    Does anyone study psychology and sociology at Brunel uni?
    Is it 50/50 of each subject or is there more of psychology?
    Its about 2/3rds of Psychology to Sociology.

I'm actually on this course and am in the first year so may be able to answer a few questions you might have.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    I am more interetsed in the sociology part but I am eager to learn the pscyhology part.
    Was it difficult to get in??

ReputationRep:
    Not really

I did both at A level (A* in Sociology and a B in Psychology, along with a B in law) and it required 360 UCAS points which I got, didn't have to go to an interview like some courses required.

ReputationRep:
    Did most people get the grades you got, well 360 points or were people accepteted with other requirements.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, most of the people I know did get the required grades, I'll ask a few others and see.

ReputationRep:
    When I called they said that its 50/50

ReputationRep:
    It seems there were a few people who got a 320 or 340 UCAS points.

50/50 well looking at the course contents
    http://www.brunel.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/CL8H
    You can see its about even,

I said it was more in the favour of Psychology (2/3rds) as the research methods and stats is done within the Psychology area, Sociology students singles do theirs with the media students. Your research methods and such will be based on Psychology

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.