Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am having problems with qs: 5a,9a,11 and 14

If someone could look at them for me that would be brilliant as I don t have access to the answers & as a private candidate my tutor won t mark it for me.Rep will be given for good answers & also for answers that back up other ppl s answers/corrections.
    Thanks

Here are my attempts:
    5a (i) 120 X 0.13=15.6 kPa
    (ii)32-12= 20 X 0.13= 2.6

9a) 2952 I added all the values in the column on the right.

2952/10600= 0.278... X100% = 27.85%

11.a)have no idea where the ester bond starts & ends
    b) not sure
    c) 1 gycerol +1 fatty acid
    d)It has 3 fatty acids.

14a) I m gonna hae to look up how to draw a histogram.
    As diastolic pressure increases deaths increase.
    Deaths increase between a systolic pressure of 120-159 and start to decrease over 160mmHg
    c) that pre-menopausal women are protected by their hormones against death
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdfTopic 1 Test.pdf (716.4 KB, 1175 views)

ReputationRep:
    Your answers for 5a i and ii are correct

for 9a adding all the values is correct and that's how you work out the proportation of the daily number of kj he ate.

11: the structure of a mono glyceride is incorrect. the ester linkage is:

R - O -OC -R

not R - OC - R as presented in that paper

I'd refuse to answer the rest of the question if i were you as the presented information is incorrect.

14a) it's just a bar graph with the data measured as the area of the bar not just the height of it. - Simple!

your answer for 14b is wrong though. Diastolic pressure has little effect on the death rate. more people die at systolic pressures of 160+ than below 160.

how did you reach the that conclusion for 14c?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheonixx)
    Your answers for 5a i and ii are correct

for 9a adding all the values is correct and that's how you work out the proportation of the daily number of kj he ate.

11: the structure of a mono glyceride is incorrect. the ester linkage is:

R - O -OC -R

not R - OC - R as presented in that paper

I'd refuse to answer the rest of the question if i were you as the presented information is incorrect.

14a) it's just a bar graph with the data measured as the area of the bar not just the height of it. - Simple!

your answer for 14b is wrong though. Diastolic pressure has little effect on the death rate. more people die at systolic pressures of 160+ than below 160.

how did you reach the that conclusion for 14c?
    First of all thank you so much for looking through those for me I REALLY appreciate it.
    So Q.9a is ok?
    I see wher I went wrong on the diastolic pressure.I was reading it across 13-14-17 instead of across & down & comparing the maximum values of each group.(if that makes any sense)Thanks!

For 14c it mentioned it in my textbook on some study done...

I m stuck on the histogram part,I don t know how to start.Do I put the values in order of size?
    I haven t done these in a while,so I ve forgotten.Thanks for all of your help

ReputationRep:
    answers to the q can be found here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=28788021
    ,I finally got help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.