Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Actuarial Science Offers Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm pretty new to this site and so I'm not sure whether or not a thread like this exists.
    Has anyone who applied to an actuarial science course got any offers. If so, which university and what grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charris584)
    Hey, I'm pretty new to this site and so I'm not sure whether or not a thread like this exists.
    Has anyone who applied to an actuarial science course got any offers. If so, which university and what grades?
    I have an offer from Kent - 340 Points
    And an offer from Manchester - AAB

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh right, I see. I applied to Kent too.
    When did you send your application off? Which other unis have you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    hey i have offers from
    kent 340 points
    manchester AAB
    Cass A*AA
    now waiting on lse!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aakashsaif)
    hey i have offers from
    kent 340 points
    manchester AAB
    Cass A*AA
    now waiting on lse!!!
    Congrats on ur offer

wen did u send off ur ucas application??

If you dnt mind me askin wat r ur GCSEs and predicted grade

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAGZ)
    Congrats on ur offer

wen did u send off ur ucas application??

If you dnt mind me askin wat r ur GCSEs and predicted grade

thanks
    sent my ucas on 26 october........... am an intl student so i gave gce o levels got 8 A's and 2 B's (highest grade possible was an A)............ for a levls i already have given complete maths( A*) and am predicted a further A*A*A

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the offers.
    I applied several weekes ago to Kent, Queens Belfast, LSE and Cass!! Would love to go to one of th London ones.

ReputationRep:
    I am sure you guys have have seen or heard of the document which shows the proportion of actuarial society (institute and faculty) members from each school in the UK.

Is it just me or is that no longer available on their website?

I'd like to see some new statistics, those are way old, not to mention anyone who starts a degree now only starts the exams 3/4 years later, and only becomes an associate/fellow much later...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Ive applied to actuarial science too this year ...ive only sent my personal statement at the end of november....and im guessing that i have applied to similar unis too. If you dont mind me asking, how long did it take until you got your offers?

ReputationRep:
    Obviously we actuarial science applicants know there are limited schools to choose from, otherwise all 5 of my choices would be in the top 6 in the country!

It took >1 week for the first offer, then ~2 weeks later I got 2 more. Right now 3/5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightningfist)
    I am sure you guys have have seen or heard of the document which shows the proportion of actuarial society (institute and faculty) members from each school in the UK.

I'd like to see some new statistics, those are way old, not to mention anyone who starts a degree now only starts the exams 3/4 years later, and only becomes an associate/fellow much later...
    Anyone knows?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to LSE, Cass, Kent and Queens Belfast as well as Edinburgh for Stats. I sent my form away about two weeks ago. Do you think any of these universities will be giving out any(more) offers this side of January?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightningfist)

Any info on this?

Just to let you know though, I got a lower-than-standard offer from Queen's Belfast pretty early, and then a standard offer from City quite early as well - both were pretty fast. Why would you care when the offer will be given? As long as you haven't been rejected, it's good.

ReputationRep:
    hi. i've got unconditional offers for lse, cass, manchester, heriot watt and southampton. (im an international student).

but im in a dilemma as to which offer to accept. mainly between lse and heriot watt because i've heard heriot watt is very well known within the actuarial industry.

any advice would be deeply appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I've got conditionals from Cass and Kent now. Pretty pleased, but still holding out for either Queens or LSE. Anyone heard from any of these two?

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Queen's really fast (about 1 week or so after applying). It was also lower than the standard offer stated on their website. This was over a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new to this too got offers from kent, queens and southampton so far.

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, didn't know this thread existed.

I've got offers from Manchester and Heriot-Watt. Just waiting for LSE and Warwick (MMORSE). I really want an offer from LSE though!

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I got a QUB offer today!!! AAAa..

ReputationRep:
    Offers from Queens (AAA), Cass (A*AA), LSE (AAA) and Heriot Watt (ABB). Just need to decide which course to choose now Best of luck to everyone who's waiting on offers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.