The Student Room Group

What is one act of kindness that you recieved from a stranger?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cassandra_Z
So, I am just curious about the followin question:

What is one act of kindness a complete stranger did for you that you can never forget?

I'm not talking about opening the door for you. I want to hear things like they-saved-my-life situations, doesn't even have to be that extreme though. I also want to know why it has been something you can't forget. Thank you! :h:

When i was at secondary school i used to forget or lose my keys a lot and there was never anyone home before me. I knew my brothers school nurse had a spare set of keys if forgot his so i went there and even though she wasn't supoosed to give them to me she always did and i took her a box of chocolates at the end of the year to say thank you.

Also when i was about 4 i was really scared of descending escalators (i was fine going up) and refused to go on them without someone holding my hand. My mum and dad and brother went rushing off and i was left at the top screaming until a shop assistant offered to hold my hand as we went down.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 181
i was on the bus and i had my wallet in my pocket, little did i know that it fell out and i realised this when i was about to tap my oyster card to get to the train station.
i was absolutely mortified that i'd lost it along with £5 and my NUS card (which i hadnt used yet).

then out of nowhere, my head of sixth form was walking towards me and i told him all about it and he borrowed my £5 to buy a ticket to board the train.
as i was at home, i remembered that the girl who was next to me went to my school and she was in yr10 but i didnt know who she was coz i didnt see her face BUT she knew who i was from my oyster card pic and she recognised my surname and gave it to my sister the next day and my sister gave my wallet to me and nothing had be taken, obviously :tongue:.

so i received an act of kindness from 2 people. :biggrin:
however on the day i lost my wallet, i ordered a new oyster card, a bit daft but oh well
Reply 182
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11917279

And here's a video of a random act of rather dramatic kindness in Spain.
cant help but notice how its own pretty girls that recieve kindness, and mostly from guys looking to capitalise on the puss-a
An old women gave me my wallet back after it fallen out my pocket, was lucky it wasn't found by some toerag in a burberry cap I guess.
Original post by Potiron
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11917279

And here's a video of a random act of rather dramatic kindness in Spain.

:eek:
Absolutely amazing!
Reply 186
Original post by Le Masquerador.
:eek:
Absolutely amazing!

I thought so. I'd like to think it's something that, when it came down to it, I'd do myself without even thinking. Ideally I'd never get the opportunity to find out though.

Quick Reply

Latest