The Student Room Group

What is one act of kindness that you recieved from a stranger?

Scroll to see replies

Someone gave me a free shag once. I didn't even need to ask for it.
Reply 21
About a week after I started living on my own, I dropped my keys after shopping in Tescos and some woman shouted after me (i didn hear at first was listening to headphones). I would have been locked out for god knows how long.
Reply 22
When I was six, my family and I got into a car crash and some random woman who lived on the street where it happened let us into her house and gave us hot drinks while we waited for the police etc to come. For years, I thought she was a friend of my parents and we just happened to crash on her road.

And last year, I had a hospital appointment that was supposed to be at 9.30am - come 12.30pm, I'm still in the waiting room stressing because I'd run out of money for parking (it costs like £2 an hour and I never expected to be there that long). Anyway I was chatting to this family and then they got called in for their appointment and on the way in, the dad silently put £2 in my hand and refused to take it back - small gesture but so nice, esp for SE London...
Original post by Panda Vinnie
In the summer holidays my parents had gone on holiday and I had to stay back because I had some important matches to play for my club. So it was me on my own at home, which I'm fine with but I'm useless with cooking, laundry, taking care of myself, taking care of my pet dog etc.

My girlfriend had been to Italy for 2 months to visit family but surprised me by coming down to live with me for 2 weeks, all so that I'm well looked after and stuff. I thought that was really sweet, she said it was worth it if it meant I have good home cooked meals on time :o:

love that silly girl :love:

How is that a stranger :curious:

Op, my oyster card dropped out and I didnt notice. But the stranger gave it back to me :bigsmile:
Original post by Cassandra_Z
So, I am just curious about the followin question:

What is one act of kindness a complete stranger did for you that you can never forget?

I'm not talking about opening the door for you. I want to hear things like they-saved-my-life situations, doesn't even have to be that extreme though. I also want to know why it has been something you can't forget. Thank you! :h:

a blow job and hand job for free. standard.
Original post by finestory
In San Francisco this summer I was walking along in Union Square and a random twenty-something year old man stopped me just to say 'Hey, excuse me, don't take this the wrong way, but I saw you about ten minutes ago and I just wanted to say you look really pretty today.' And then flashed a gorgeous smile at me and walked off. And he was neither pervy nor creepy. So that made my day (:
But then again that's California for you. We give Americans a lot of stick but they're some of the nicest people ever.

Oh and a Belgian guy overheard me saying in a service station that I wanted a hot chocolate but had left my money in my bag and he bought me one. :biggrin:

The moral of the story, if your a hot girl you can get pretty much anyone to do something for you:tongue:
Original post by HumanNature1992
How is that a stranger :curious:

Oops! Didn't know it was strangers...my bad! :facepalm:
I once stood on a spider which I am sure must have saved someones life :/ believe me that spider looked evil...
Reply 28
After breaking up with my first serious girlfriend I was pretty cut up about it and was talking to my mate on the bus and a guy behind me patted me on the shoulder and said "plenty more fish in the sea mate".

And there were. :sexface:
Reply 29
when i was 5 i was afraid of escalators and my dad went down one and forgot me at the top. I was crying so much and this kind lady took me down with her. I'll never forget that because that was the first act of random kindness to me and encouraged me to be kind to strangers:colondollar:
When i crashed my motorbike, a family helped me get the bike to the side of the road, call my mum to come and pick me up (mental not, get an ambulance, they are better at speaking to worried parents), and gave me tea.
i bout them a box of chocolates to say thanks.
I dropped my wallet in town and a guy ran after me to give it back. It's memorable because up until that point I was pretty pessimistic regarding 'The Helpful Stranger'. I like to try and be that guy when I can now.
Reply 32
i was on a train with some friends once and we were discussing car manoeuvres (it was near to my friends test) and we couldnt work out what one of them was, so this guy started demonstrating with his phone :smile:
Original post by T-Toe

Original post by T-Toe
A large group of late teens (at the time) protected me from my 3 random black girls who were bullying me and my siblings (psychically), those bullies were older than us (at the time).

They gave me a broken bottle, just encase the bullies wanted to start some more trouble.

If they weren't there/didn't take interest in us. They might have beaten us up to death.

Were they carrying around a crystal ball with them?
Reply 34
Original post by CombineHarvester
Were they carrying around a crystal ball with them?

oooops! thanks, typo.
Reply 35
I know this is from the other side of things, but it is the only noble thing I have really done.

I was crossing a road and got half-way and waited for the traffic to go. All of a sudden someone's kid got on the road with oncoming traffic and I found myself running, grabbing the kid and got to the pavement.

All instinct, nothing special. But it is nice to know that instinctively you can do the right thing.
Reply 36

In San Francisco this summer I was walking along in Union Square and a random twenty-something year old man stopped me just to say 'Hey, excuse me, don't take this the wrong way, but I saw you about ten minutes ago and I just wanted to say you look really pretty today.' And then flashed a gorgeous smile at me and walked off. And he was neither pervy nor creepy. So that made my day (:
But then again that's California for you. We give Americans a lot of stick but they're some of the nicest people ever.

Oh and a Belgian guy overheard me saying in a service station that I wanted a hot chocolate but had left my money in my bag and he bought me one. :biggrin:

Most of us really are nice people. ^_^ The reason why I asked this question is because I was recently thinking about all the nice things random strangers have done to help me. There's soo many things that I will probably never forget, but I won't post them all since I know everyone will look at my post and ignore it because of the length.

Thank you everyone for the posts! I love everyones stories and hope to hear even more! <3
Reply 37
I love this thread :smile:

Two kind men helped me push my car out of a hedge once, it had got stuck in mud and slush and snow. The people that saw me crash kept driving on their merry little way though, I was pretty shocked at that.

And when I moved down here and was finding my feet there were lots of kind people telling me where to get off buses and giving directions, you get nice people on Brighton buses.
i helped a stranger in prague, one french women was struggling to understand the man at the train station since no one speaks french and only speak english or cezch, i translated for her since i can speak reasonably ok french
Reply 39
Original post by Law123mus
The moral of the story, if your a hot girl you can get pretty much anyone to do something for you:tongue:

WOULD be the moral of the story if I wasn't pretty much mediocre looking.
Hence why these random acts of kindness were all the more unexpected (:

Quick Reply

Latest