Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic as always
    • TSR Support Team

I was there, it was shameful scenes, to be honest though some of the Villa fans were just as bad, ripping up seats etc.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely fabulous timing, right before the decision to decide where World Cup 2018 should be held...:congrats:

Russia, it is yours to lose
    • TSR Support Team

They knew the whole world would be watching this game tonight, the players behaved themselves very well, but unfortunately some of the fans from both sides just could not do the same, how someone got a flair into the ground in the first place I don't know, shows how good security was :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I knew there'd be a pitch invasion...nobody I was with believed me though!
    Was quite impressed/worried by the flare(s) though.
    • TSR Support Team

Pitch invasion wouldn't so bad if they stayed away from our end.

ReputationRep:
    Subhuman.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, the flare might have been a bit much but the pitch invasion was a none event. It was ALWAYS going to happen, you're daft if you think otherwise. No fighting either so i don't know where all this 'violence' is coming from.

Do you really think places like Russia don't have violence? They have worse than this week in week out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshyy)

Do you really think places like Russia don't have violence? They have worse than this week in week out.
    yes but remember how Sepp Blatter and a lot of Europe hate England? all it takes is for summat like this and bang, they have their excuse not to vote for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    yes but remember how Sepp Blatter and a lot of Europe hate England? all it takes is for summat like this and bang, they have their excuse not to vote for us.
    Blame the BBC and their documentaries if anything.
    • TSR Support Team

Whilist i'm sure it has no bearing on the World Cup decision, it doesn't make it right what they did last night. There were families and children there and they have no wish to be caught up in something like this, again I am not saying Villa were innocent in this, because they were far from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Whilist i'm sure it has no bearing on the World Cup decision, it doesn't make it right what they did last night. There were families and children there and they have no wish to be caught up in something like this, again I am not saying Villa were innocent in this, because they were far from it.
    I'm probably on my own here as it's a student forum but if you're naive enough to go in the away end of a local derby in the quarter final of a cup during a night game, expect something like this to happen. If you're blue and with your kids you wouldn't have had any problems as you'd be at home and you wouldn't have to go on the pitch if you didn't want to, but come on, wether it's right or wrong what happened you need to expect it if you're in the away end.

Exactly the same with us vs Millwall last year, you had Millwall phoning in and complaining that they bought their kids - what did they expect to happen, right or wrong.
    • TSR Support Team

I'm probably on my own here as it's a student forum but if you're naive enough to go in the away end of a local derby in the quarter final of a cup during a night game, expect something like this to happen. If you're blue and with your kids you wouldn't have had any problems as you'd be at home and you wouldn't have to go on the pitch if you didn't want to, but come on, wether it's right or wrong what happened you need to expect it if you're in the away end.

Exactly the same with us vs Millwall last year, you had Millwall phoning in and complaining that they bought their kids - what did they expect to happen, right or wrong.
    I know these things will happen especially with a night time kick off, but it shouldn't be happening, it's bad for the sport, it is bad for the City of Birmingham to have things like this happening.

ReputationRep:
    Brummies are just idiots, rubbish teams, rubbish fans with rubbish chants and rubbish gene pool.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Shaun1991)
    Brummies are just idiots, rubbish teams, rubbish fans with rubbish chants and rubbish gene pool.
    So just because I come from Birmingham does that make me an idiot then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The issue isn't 'expecting it', given that the match is a derby, the issue is the appaling job done by the police, again.

As always they led the villa fans out of the sty and down to the island and then disappeared! It's a ridiculous state of affairs and is the same every away game, having to walk past all the bluenose pubs like the clements down digbeth is absurd. There were some big brawls down there last night, a lot of innocent football fans got hurt - but as with every club there were those who were looking for it. Unfortunately, and I honestly say this without any bias despite being a Villa fan, blues have alot more mindless fans than other clubs, up their with other 'reputation' clubs like Millwall, Cardiff and Leeds.

Case in point; 5-1 a couple of seasons ago, any pitch invasion? No. And I refuse to believe if the game was at VP last night and the result was reversed there wouldve been.

The flare did come from the Villa end though. And with 5 mins of the match to go it was obvious they were going to run onto the pitch at full time, why didn't the police form a line at the half way line and at the sides of the pitches? It really annoys me because any Villa fan who knows the area aroudn the ground and has been to blues away knows where all the trouble comes from, which places you should avoid, etc...yet the police seem more interested in flying their choppers around and getting 'video evidence which will be used in prosecution', it's like they want it to happen.

You can't blame the blues for being happy with the result, and you can't blame some villa fans for reacting when goaded, but you CAN blame WMP for doing a ****ty job of preventing the trouble

ReputationRep:
    I know these things will happen especially with a night time kick off, but it shouldn't be happening, it's bad for the sport, it is bad for the City of Birmingham to have things like this happening.
    That's not the point though, i'm not saying if it's right or wrong. I'm saying it was obvious it was going to happen, so if innocent Villa fans chose to go away to their fiercest rivals on a night game then at the end of the day it's their own fault.

Sad state of affairs but true.
    • TSR Support Team

That's not the point though, i'm not saying if it's right or wrong. I'm saying it was obvious it was going to happen, so if innocent Villa fans chose to go away to their fiercest rivals on a night game then at the end of the day it's their own fault.

Sad state of affairs but true.
    We choose to go to St.Andrews for a game of football not for bloody violence, 90% there last night were there for football not for fighting.

ReputationRep:
    We choose to go to St.Andrews for a game of football not for bloody violence, 90% there last night were there for football not for fighting.
    You don't seem to be getting my point. I know most weren't there for fighting, and i know it's pretty sad that women and kids should be advised not to go to a game of football. But if you know all of this and still go, then you're doing so at your own risk. Like i said, in exactly the same way a Millwall fan can't complain when he takes his kid away to West Ham, what the **** was going through his head when he bought those tickets.
    • TSR Support Team

You don't seem to be getting my point. I know most weren't there for fighting, and i know it's pretty sad that women and kids should be advised not to go to a game of football. But if you know all of this and still go, then you're doing so at your own risk. Like i said, in exactly the same way a Millwall fan can't complain when he takes his kid away to West Ham, what the **** was going through his head when he bought those tickets.
    What is the bloody point going to a game to fight, yes it is two fierce rivals, but there is really no point in what happened.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.