Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leeds fest 2011 help!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    hey, ive never been to leeds fest before so if you could help abit it would be much appreciated

basically does anyone know when the 2011 tickets go on sale, rough prices, different tickets ie day ticket?:confused: weekend ticket?:confused: ect, and any other stuff which you can think of

ideally id like to go with a group of about 4/9 friends, camp out in the field, and do all that shindizzle, anywhay you can prolly tell i have no idea what im going on about, so cheers for any help

ReputationRep:
    also why does it say i made this thread tomorrow? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Think they come out friday. Weekend tickets were about £180 last year and something like £65 for a day ticket

ReputationRep:
    Towards the end of March they'll officially be released. Same as every year.
    Some tickets go on sale on the 3rd of December, these are Early-bird tickets for if you don't mind getting them before the line-up is out and would rather avoid the huge rush of getting one on official release day.
    But yeah, they'll be on sale at the end of March, same day the line-up is released.

Roughly, expect to pay £180-£200 with the booking fees and small increase that will be added on from last year.

You'll need a weekend ticket if you want to stay all weekend, this will include camping and all that.
    Or you can buy day tickets for individual days, but you won't be allowed to camp if you do that, they'll be about £70-£80 each.

And yeah, you can camp with your group of friends, there isn't any rules on where you camp, just anywhere you find space.
    I went with a group of 15 this year, ha.

ReputationRep:
    What website do you buy them from?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy from seetickets!
    Got mine from there last year, and early entries didn't come til the afternoon of the morning i was supposed to be leaving :/
    Go for ticketmaster instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_TSR_Dunce)
    hey, ive never been to leeds fest before so if you could help abit it would be much appreciated

basically does anyone know when the 2011 tickets go on sale, rough prices, different tickets ie day ticket?:confused: weekend ticket?:confused: ect, and any other stuff which you can think of

ideally id like to go with a group of about 4/9 friends, camp out in the field, and do all that shindizzle, anywhay you can prolly tell i have no idea what im going on about, so cheers for any help
    - The offical sale is the last Monday of March.
    - It'll be around £190ish.
    - Weekend ticket, Day ticket (£70ish), Early Bird (£15)
    - Got my tickets from ticket line last year and had no problems, See Tickets had lots of problems last year, try and avoid them...

If you're going in a decent sized group you'll have a cracking time, don't camp in Orange or Yellow, Blue/Red is a awesome location never had any trouble there at all both times i've been.

You'll probably find my information here...

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/i...p?showforum=39

ReputationRep:
    yeah they officially go on sale sometime in march (after lineup is announced) but they are gonna be expensive then last year so expect them to be around the £200 plus booking fees etc (for weekend ticket + camping) with day ticket being around £75...the vodafone VIP scheme offered some at the start of december and i was gonna get mine then (was getting the weekend ticket + camping for £187) which was pretty decent i though but i was completely broke at the time and my loan didn't arrive till 2nd week of jan...but yeah i got mine from gigantic.com last time and got them for £192 (including booking fee and postage) which was really good deal considering it was really close to the festival as well (around start of july)
    and one word of advice; NEVER EVER CAMP IN THE ORANGE SITE...it's situated on a hill and had all the amusement rides there as well (including a particularly annoying one called TANGO) and they kept blasting out music and TANGO TANGO TANGO till quite late at night...and the hill meant i was right at the far end of the tent each morning...i got the weekend ticket but my friends got the early bird and went and pitched tents so i've no idea why they choose such an obscure place when according to them the whole place was empty when they arrived (learn from your mistakes i guess)
    i even had my birthday there and gotta say it was one of the best birthdays i've ever had...and trust me you'll have a blast of a time

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to anyone that says "Don't camp in orange".

It is so sick there if you want to have fun all the time and not just during the day!

ReputationRep:
    Camp in blue!

ReputationRep:
    Camp in yellow it's awesomee.
    And right next to the arena so you tell whose on main stage etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haychee)
    Don't listen to anyone that says "Don't camp in orange".

It is so sick there if you want to have fun all the time and not just during the day!
    Exactly why you shouldn't camp in Orange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swell)
    Exactly why you shouldn't camp in Orange.
    Fair enough, most people I know that went and had a good time weren't too happy with lights out at 12.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haychee)
    Fair enough, most people I know that went and had a good time weren't too happy with lights out at 12.
    Only joking pal. Lights out at 12? Wait are you talking about Reading Festival?

ReputationRep:
    Reading over Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Reading over Leeds
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I have already bought my tickets in the pre-sale in december, but i have accidentally deleted my confirmation email? does it matter that i've deleted it? if so what should i do?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.