Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my apple iphones have nearly conked out, only the left earphone works.
    my brother recently bought the iphone 4, and doesnt use the headphones, so he gave them to me, but whenever i plug them into my phone (sony ericson xperia x10 mini pro) the music still comes from the speakers rather than the earphones, and when im speaking to someone i cant hear them from them and they cant hear me.but the ones i have now do all this.
    anyone know how to solve this?
    if not, any suggestions for which earphones to get? i dont like headphones, o the earphones that go right inside your ear (i dont know what theyre called lol)
    should i get apple ones again, for the 3rd time?
    or some average/cheap ones?
    if so which ones?
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    anybody?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I've had two pairs of these.

They are pretty good.

And do not go Apple, their earphones suck baws.
    theyre sony! pretty reliable make. thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    Good choice on the Sony. When I am listening or editing tracks I only use sennheiser. You will pay a little more but they are excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Plus they are not deep in your ear.
    They have enough sticking in to grip but not to feel uncomfortable
    ye, the earphones that came with the phone go stick inside, and i do not like that at all!
    which store could you purchase them from?

ReputationRep:
    where would you get the sennheiser ones from? i dont mind paying extra, as long as theyre worth it and last

ReputationRep:
    Mine were from a virgin store on special offer for about £20 not £50 a few years ago. I would recommend anywhere online. Anything from the CX range, entry level are about £20 high end are £50. £30+ will get you an excellent piece of kit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    I've had two pairs of these.

They are pretty good.

Considering the price of these sony's I can tell that they're gonna suck...if u dont give a samn about sound quality then..its ok..otherwise u'll have to make other choices...consider Sennheiser or audio technica or bose...but what u want are earbuds...the ones that stay outside the ear...so it narrows things down...
    I'd go for these if i were u...
    http://www.audio-technica.com.sg/con....php?prodid=60
    Don't know the price though

ReputationRep:
    Senheisser cx200 I got mine for £15.99 from Argos and they are the best earphones I've had, not only is the sound excellent, but I got them like 5 months ago and they still work perfectly!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    so very true!

ReputationRep:
    I have these and they are great quality for the price.

ReputationRep:
    For your budget, consider the Sennheiser CX-300's, or perhaps stretch to the CX-500's.

Edit: Actually, disregard the CX-300's, you can get the better quality CX-500's cheaper.

Black

White

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for your replies
    Think im going to go for the sennheiser ones

ReputationRep:
    Can't go wrong with Sennheisers, make sure you don't get them from ebay though as there are a lot of fakes around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackspur)
    Can't go wrong with Sennheisers, make sure you don't get them from ebay though as there are a lot of fakes around.
    yeah, i dont like ebay, the thought of secondhand/someone using something before me grosses me out, especially earphones...it seems argos have them, so i'll check that out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.