Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long before a university will throw me off the course? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically i'm doing a one year conversion course which i actually hate, but it is needed for my career. I've done 80% of the modules before, the uni is miles from where i live, i spend up to 5 hours a day travelling, I actually cannot stand a couple of the people off the course (very bad group work experience), there is so much pointless 'homework' that takes absolutely forever to do and isn't even marked (which takes about 25 hours a week) all attendance is monitored. I've honestly not learnt anything new.

I'm basically wandering, how far i can push it with attendance, not doing the homework and only doing the marked assignments and exams. i'd pass flying colours if i wasn't spending all this time travelling in, doing the weekly work. I seriously considered quitting due to hating it so much, but i really need it for my career. Others on my course (who are also graduates) feel exactly the same.

I know i sound like i have a bad attitude, but the course isn't massively related to my career (but a requirement) so it's not interesting to me and the whole situation has affected me quite badly. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god what a relevant thread to me right now :P

Life doesnt get much more boring, does it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.