Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ex wont return my things :( Watch

ok my ex ended it with me, i didnt want it to finish but he did. end of sob story.

I gave him back all the things i had that belonged to him within a few days, i just didnt want them in my room because it hurt so much....

he has two things of mine; one very personal to me and another very valuable to me, i have asked via letter and email for them back, my friend even asked him for me - so i know he knows i want them back - and offered to pass the items between us so we didnt have to make contact...but it has been two weeks and he hasnt given my things back

why is he keeping them? i know he has had hundreds of chances to send them back, i dont understand, if he wanted to end everything between us why wont he just stop being so unfair?? i know he's already moved on, and that he's doing fine, i hear enough reports and rumours that tbh i would rather not know. Am i asking a great deal? just my things and then zap i wont bother him again... i cant keep begging what do i do??
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Small claims court

ReputationRep:
    Go bang on his door, walk in, take your things and walk out again.
    No need to beg.
    At the end of the day, you did the right thing.
    You asked politely and even had a friend step so he didn't have to have direct contact with you if he didn't want to see you.
    He's taking the piss quite frankly and the sooner you get your stuff the sooner you can move on and get on with your own life.

ReputationRep:
    time to kick his door down...phil mitchell style :nothing:
    • TSR Support Team

I'd go round and ask for them back, he has no right to do this.

ReputationRep:
    Go round and ask him. Better still ask his mum, if he still lives with his parents that is.

ReputationRep:
    take your shotty with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_smile)
    Go bang on his door, walk in, take your things and walk out again.
    No need to beg.
    At the end of the day, you did the right thing.
    You asked politely and even had a friend step so he didn't have to have direct contact with you if he didn't want to see you.
    He's taking the piss quite frankly and the sooner you get your stuff the sooner you can move on and get on with your own life.
    This, if it's possible.

(Original post by Aj12)
    Small claims court
    This if it's not.

ReputationRep:
    Judge Judy.

ReputationRep:
    He's probably lazy to give it to you thats why its taking forever.
    Maybe he's not even touching them because he's moved on and not bothered to see your stuff?

ReputationRep:
    Who let him out of the garage?!

ReputationRep:
    they are his spoils of war

ReputationRep:
    More likely that he might have lost them, maybe he gave them as a gift to a new girl

ReputationRep:
    If this were me, I'd just send my Dad round. It's fail-proof, basically.

There's nothing scarier than a brutish 60 y.o old loudmouth with a vendetta and a raised fist. In fact, I really should have filmed him turning up on my Ex's doorstep and threatening to beat him to a pulp. It took less than five minutes for me to get my things back

Can you not gather some large or intimidating people to do this job for you?

I'll point out that my ex was an abusive, raping ******** - he deserved the menacing, angry Dad treatment. It's somewhat of a miracle that he wasn't beaten to a pulp. I certainly wouldn't want to have found the father of the girl I'd raped standing on my doorstep, hankling for a fight. But seriously, don't go through this route unless you have no other option.

ReputationRep:
    what were these things anyway?

(Original post by Speechless')
    More likely that he might have lost them, maybe he gave them as a gift to a new girl
    not really something you can give to someone else, it wasnt just a bit of jewellery or a teddy bear, these things are mine if you saw them and knew me you would know they are mine.... even have my name on them i just cant believe he wont give them back

ReputationRep:
    Go in and claim them. When he's not home etc, if he lives with his parents etc. He has no right to do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok my ex ended it with me, i didnt want it to finish but he did. end of sob story.

I gave him back all the things i had that belonged to him within a few days, i just didnt want them in my room because it hurt so much....

he has two things of mine; one very personal to me and another very valuable to me, i have asked via letter and email for them back, my friend even asked him for me - so i know he knows i want them back - and offered to pass the items between us so we didnt have to make contact...but it has been two weeks and he hasnt given my things back

why is he keeping them? i know he has had hundreds of chances to send them back, i dont understand, if he wanted to end everything between us why wont he just stop being so unfair?? i know he's already moved on, and that he's doing fine, i hear enough reports and rumours that tbh i would rather not know. Am i asking a great deal? just my things and then zap i wont bother him again... i cant keep begging what do i do??
    After giving this a little more thought;

I think I would be inclined to call him up and ask him when he will be home so that I might come by and collect them.

If he is not agreeable to that then;

I would contact the police as they will often assist people involved in a domestic dispute (which is what this is) recover items belonging to them.

The small claims court may be an option, but, what happens when he stands up and testifies that he doesn’t have possession of them? Do you have a witness to verify that he does? Once you start involving the courts there are some cost involved. You will need to find out how much that is and then make a determination as to whether it is worth the cost.

The least threatening approach is always the best.

ReputationRep:
    proof of ****

ReputationRep:
    Maybe phone him and ask. He may have lost them or accidently damaged them and probably doesn't have the heart to tell you. x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.