Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yeah.. so I've been teasing one of my best mates about this guy on our course for a while.. He showed a couple of signs he might like her..She sort of knew him initially but laughed it off when I brought up the possibility of her actually ever liking him..
    Recently, I've been getting to know him better, and he really is one of the sweetest, nicest people I've ever met. Initially, this was great.. and i told my friend all this.. i joked around at the prospect of playing cupid and she admitted perhaps she could like him eventually with time. But shes not sure if she would for the right reasons if she did..
    The issue is..
    I think I may have developed feelings for him.. (I admit i sort of had a crush on him for months, but gave up as soon as I realised he might like my mate)..i feel really strange because i'm the one who really pushed for my friend to consider him as an option in the first place. Now i dont want to lose my friend, so i'm not even considering getting in the way, if she is interested..
    I could speak to my friend about the fact I might actually like this guy i've been hyping up the past few weeks.. but the issue is she knows i just came out of a sort of fling with someone else, and I dont want her to feel like I'm some sort of desperate maneating ****.

Besides, if he does like her, I can get over it.. It's just the 'what if' thats getting to me right now

Its just, i'm not sure if I can play cupid anymore- its not fair on my friend, is it?

ReputationRep:
    Just do what you want.

I did a similar thing and lost out on an amazing girl. But just because it happened this way for me doesn't mean it'll be the samew for you.

ReputationRep:
    Waste of thread

ReputationRep:
    This is what you get when you meddle.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.