Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It’s been less than 24 hours but im already going crazy. When will da pain cease? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im really truly sorry for my numerous threads over the last few days, but i really don’t have anyone else who i can tell this to.i need to let things off my chest and im sorry tsr..i broke up with him yesterday morning for more details look here: (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=28743025 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post28732678 ) i have cried lyk 20 times since yday mor cant stop thinking about him and don’t know what to do..i cant spend one second without thinking about him. Knowing that this forced break up might ruin everything. I feel so helpless and don’t know what to do., my heart actually hurts and i just wana die right now i want it to stop i know it hasn’t even been 24 hrs since we broke up but i just can’t stop thinking this mess.
    Guys how can i distract myself and not think about him, i’ve spend this whole time either crying, looking at pics or listening to “our songs”..
    Btw i spoke to my bf and we agreed that we will go on a break till exams are over ( but we will still speak every now and then on msn) and if we still have the same feelings then we will get back together if not then it was never meant to be and my dad did the right thing making us ending it..the thought of us not getting back together gives me shivers and makes me want to hate my lyf forever. Never thought this woulda eva happen to me, everything was so perfect and now it’s jus a mess
    Sorry for many threads, and please no trolls
    Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    go to sleep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    go to sleep?
    i cant haven't slept from yday

ReputationRep:
    Why did your dad want you to end it with him???
    Distract yourself with TV shows etc, watch them back to back.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    i dont think theres anything you can do... been watching your threads, and normally id say go out with friends and have some fun to take your mind off it but your dads got you under lock and key! does he realise how much misery hes causing you? how much youve been crying? get some sleep, maybe things will seem clearer in the morning! hope everything works out for you chica

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    i dont think theres anything you can do... been watching your threads, and normally id say go out with friends and have some fun to take your mind off it but your dads got you under lock and key! does he realise how much misery hes causing you? how much youve been crying? get some sleep, maybe things will seem clearer in the morning! hope everything works out for you chica
    i guess hate and anger don't let him see anything else right now thank u
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-love-life)
    i guess hate and anger don't let him see anything else right now thank u
    youre welcome
    maybe a good nights sleep will make him calm down and see a bit of sense!! fingers crossed for you hun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Why did your dad want you to end it with him???
    Distract yourself with TV shows etc, watch them back to back.
    This is good advice.
    Although films and TV shows may have parts in them that remind you of him, overall they will just distract you. Especially if you find an old one you used to watch before you met him, so it reminds you of different times.
    Try study if you can, do past papers or sets of questions, active learning that takes up all your brain. Trying to revise from a book or notes won't work.

Talking to him every now and again on msn will make the pain never stop.
    You must cut all contact, if you are still friends explain this to him just say it makes it easier on you.

If when your dad calms down you feel like talking to the guy, re-add him on msn or facebook and gradually build up contact, if it is meant to be time will naturally bring you back together in that way.

However, you never know what new will happen in your life in your time apart, so give that a chance too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    youre welcome
    maybe a good nights sleep will make him calm down and see a bit of sense!! fingers crossed for you hun!
    oh how you give religious parents waaaaay too much credit.

I personally know of many relationships ruined by such, my last one included because of their parents irrationalities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessmarisa)
    This is good advice.
    Although films and TV shows may have parts in them that remind you of him, overall they will just distract you. Especially if you find an old one you used to watch before you met him, so it reminds you of different times.
    Try study if you can, do past papers or sets of questions, active learning that takes up all your brain. Trying to revise from a book or notes won't work.

Talking to him every now and again on msn will make the pain never stop.
    You must cut all contact, if you are still friends explain this to him just say it makes it easier on you.

If when your dad calms down you feel like talking to the guy, re-add him on msn or facebook and gradually build up contact, if it is meant to be time will naturally bring you back together in that way.

However, you never know what new will happen in your life in your time apart, so give that a chance too.
    hey thanks for ur advice..i really dont think i can cut all contact with him i will try tho, ur ryt i know talking to him will just make me miss him more thanks again x

ReputationRep:
    When will you be leaving home? Did you say you're 19?

ReputationRep:
    "Da pain"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    When will you be leaving home? Did you say you're 19?
    im going to uni in sep so il be moving out then,, yh im 19

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I-love-life)
    Im really truly sorry for my numerous threads over the last few days, but i really don’t have anyone else who i can tell this to.i need to let things off my chest and im sorry tsr..i broke up with him yesterday morning for more details look here: (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=28743025 http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post28732678 ) i have cried lyk 20 times since yday mor cant stop thinking about him and don’t know what to do..i cant spend one second without thinking about him. Knowing that this forced break up might ruin everything. I feel so helpless and don’t know what to do., my heart actually hurts and i just wana die right now i want it to stop i know it hasn’t even been 24 hrs since we broke up but i just can’t stop thinking this mess.
    Guys how can i distract myself and not think about him, i’ve spend this whole time either crying, looking at pics or listening to “our songs”..Btw i spoke to my bf and we agreed that we will go on a break till exams are over ( but we will still speak every now and then on msn) and if we still have the same feelings then we will get back together if not then it was never meant to be and my dad did the right thing making us ending it..the thought of us not getting back together gives me shivers and makes me want to hate my lyf forever. Never thought this woulda eva happen to me, everything was so perfect and now it’s jus a mess
    Sorry for many threads, and please no trolls
    Thanks in advance
    how is that going to help?

If you have exams coming up, revise for the exams. Keep busy. Focus on succeeding rather than wallowing in selfpity and listening to sad songs.

hey, just read your other threads, i feel really sorry for you and I know how you feel. I went through something similar and I ran away with my bf, it probably wasn't the best decision my parents disowned me but forgave me after 6 years i think what you and your bf are doing is for the best, and meanwhile try and focus on studying. hopefully it will distract you all the best hun xxxx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.