Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Attendance Problem Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Im having a massive problem. I started a foundation course in september that lasts one year. I've had a serious physical problem that has stopped me from going to university. I'm just recently feeling like I'm able to attend regularly but I feel like I'm well behind, as I've practically missed the first semester.

I've spoke to one of the module lecturers and he has said that I'll be able to catch up but to speak to my programme leader; but I can't get in contact with her .. And I just have no idea what to do! I have been following lecture slides on the online blackboard system but I'm obviously behind on coursework. Some of the lecturers don't even know that i will be attending soon as I can't get in contact with them, and I feel embarrassed to turn up to their seminar and not have a clue what's going on! Is it at all possible to catch up after nearly missing a whole semester ?

ReputationRep:
    Its definitely possible, my friend totally changed course at (nearly) the end of a semester and did all the previous work on top of the current, but it is a LOT of work. Would definitely help if you could get into contact with those leading your course/modules, also don't feel embarrassed about just turning up to a seminar. You're paying for it, so you have right to be there whether you've been unable to make it recently or not

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant, cheers for that!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that if you pleasure the lecturer they'd be able to offer help :love:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.