Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what colour eye make-up goes with a red dress.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    basically what the title said..
    it's for going out so yeah.. i can go on the dramatics

ReputationRep:
    smokey eyes definitely. not too harsh but enough to define your eyes and contrast with the red. http://styletips101.com/wp-content/u...Smoky-Eyes.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think liquid eye liner with neutral eye shadow would look nice.
    Then focus more on the lip colour that matches your dress.
    Would look very classy. Striking yet not over done.

I wouldn't recommend heavy eye shadow because when it comes to make up it should be eyes OR lips - not both.

And with a red dress it could make your lips look very washed out and pale so you should wear a lipstick that matches. If you have heavy eye makeup and red lips you can end up look over the top.

This is a good example of what I think would look good.

ReputationRep:
    fake tan, a deep bronzey one, smokey black eyes but not too much, and bright scarlet lips! i did this with a red dress and it looked fantastic...if i do say so myself

ReputationRep:
    Gold, smoky, silver, neutral.

ReputationRep:
    nudey colours, maybe some black liquid eyeliner? keep it simple

ReputationRep:
    Smokey eyes, greys and browns eye shadow and eyeliner.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for either nude eyes and black eyeliner or smoky silver kind of eyes and nude lips.

ReputationRep:
    I'd love gold/brownish smoky eye make up or grey/silver. I would personally keep the eyes quite dark and the lips neutral, I am not very good lipsticks. I am not a big fan of the idea of wearing a red dress and red lipstick.

ReputationRep:
    smokey eyes and nude lips
    depends which you think is your best feature really. i think my eyes are my best feature so i always go for them.
    if you like your eyes then go for eye makeup, if you like your lips go for the lipstick

ReputationRep:
    i think i'll try out the gold suggestions with black liner and nude/natural lip.. i was thinking gold but then was doubting myself aha
    i'm a brunette so silvers don't look too good (i imagine they would on blondes though) and the thing with lipstick is it's easy to take off if it looks wrong..

need to master liquid eyeliner though, i'm absolutely awful.. and if this doesn't work then i'll just go for black black black
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It totally depends on which colour lipstick you are wearing?

If you are wearing red lipstick I would go for lighter eyes, if you are wearing a light lipstick I would go for a more sexy dark look on the eyes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.