Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How does homosexual dating work Watch

ReputationRep:
    The title might be a bit obscure so I will elaborate.

What I mean is, in majority of cases in hetero relationships the guy asks the girl out. That got me thinking of how do say lesbians ask each other out? Are there any social norms or just a case of who has the confidence?

I ask because I know a lot of girls always wait for the guy to make the move even the move never happens and they feel frustrated which leads me to wonder how much of it is to with social norms and whether or not there is something intrinsic about females/males and their ability to make the move.

ReputationRep:
    If a two guys like each other then it is usually the guy who asks the other guy out.

If a two girls like each other then it is usually the girl who asks the other girl out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)
    If a two guys like each other then it is usually the guy who asks the other guy out.

If a two girls like each other then it is usually the girl who asks the other girl out.
    I walked right ito that lol

but G1 or G2 ?

ReputationRep:
    They use Jedi mind-control to indicate attraction as opposed to the conventional norm of a guy asking a girl out.

ReputationRep:
    my brother says "whichever one of us has the most balls, usually" so there you go :/

ReputationRep:
    Public toilets bathouses and parks they all meet up there because they enjoy many different partners, , the Police used to arrest them for buggering each other, , now the Police hand out condoms and advice on stds.

ReputationRep:
    When two guys are involved its a million times simpler because you can actually talk about what you want from your date even if you don’t know your date very well (unlike in guy – girl situations where you are supposed to guess what the **** does she actually want and whether she is ready) and guys normally would not freak out from straight questions, also normally there is no 'no' means 'yes' kind of attitude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vozhak)
    Well first the word "homosexual" is only used by people over 40 and by those who wish it to have negative connotations, "same-sex" dating would have been better, sorry to quibble over semantics.

Anyway it's hard to generalize, it can be as complicated as hertero dating or as simple as someone pointed out cause the parties are able to relate to each other better.

A simple answer would be the braver/extroverted/ confident one asks someone they like out after in many ways trying to figure out if the object of their affection is not straight also gay/les/bi etc.
    why would it have been 'better' seeing as you refer to "different sex" as hetero

why use different terminology? I seriously get annoyed at people like you who choose to be offended when there was no offence meant.

anyway thanks for the response, and I suppose that aspect of 'are they gay' must add to the complexities

ReputationRep:
    Regardless of sexuality. People in relationships still tend to fall into two roles. The submissive and the dominant. The dominant or "dom" will most likely ask out the "sub".

If that doesn't happen I guess logic would suggest that it's who ever asks first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1re)
    why would it have been 'better' seeing as you refer to "different sex" as hetero

why use different terminology? I seriously get annoyed at people like you who choose to be offended when there was no offence meant.

anyway thanks for the response, and I suppose that aspect of 'are they gay' must add to the complexities
    I'm not offended, next you in your original post said "guy and girl" last i checked that equaled hetero or did i miss something in breaking news giving that arrangement a new name?

it's people like you who go about throwing words around and saying- i did not mean it that piss me off, how are we going to sperate teh true bigots from teh angles and misunderstood like you???. "sorry your honour i did not mean to call him a stinking nig%%r or i did not mean to say that she is a nasty J%w, it's people like you who take offense when none was meant"

ReputationRep:
    I'm not offended, next you in your original post said "guy and girl" last i checked that equaled hetero or did i miss something in breaking news giving that arrangement a new name?

it's people like you who go about throwing words around and saying- i did not mean it that piss me off, how are we going to sperate teh true bigots from teh angles and misunderstood like you???. "sorry your honour i did not mean to call him a stinking nig%%r or i did not mean to say that she is a nasty J%w, it's people like you who take offense when none was meant"
    for someone not offended you are sure pissy

ReputationRep:

You're a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministerdonut)
    Public toilets bathouses and parks they all meet up there because they enjoy many different partners, , the Police used to arrest them for buggering each other, , now the Police hand out condoms and advice on stds.
    From a man called 'misterdonut'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snaiv)
    You're a ****
    that's not very nice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.