Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Therapeutic uses of Honey: Watch

ReputationRep:
    1. As it contains sugars which are quickly absorbed by our digestive system and converted into energy, this can be used as instant energizer.
    2. As it is hygroscopic it speeds up healing, growth of healing tissue and dries it up.
    3. Honey acts as a sedative and is very usefull in bed wetting disorders.
    4. Honey is very good antioxident which restores the damaged skin and gives soft, young looks.
    5. Honey has antibacterial properties due to its acidic nature and enzymically produced hydrogen peroxide.
    6. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacteria and viral diseases.

• Honey is very good for eyes and eye sight.
    • It quenches thirst.
    • Dissolves kapha.
    • Reduces effects of poison.
    • Stops hiccups.
    • It is very useful in urinary tract disorders, worm infestations, bronchial asthma, cough, diarrhea and nausea -vomiting.
    • Cleanse the wounds.
    • It heals wounds.
    • Helps in quick healing of deep wounds.
    • Initiates growth of healthy granulation tissue.
    • Honey which is newly collected from bee hive increases body weight and is a mild laxative.
    • Honey which is stored and is old helps in metabolism of fat and scrapes Kapha.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting... and I love honey!

Do you have a source?

ReputationRep:
    I've some in the cupboard, I guess I'll begin making the most of it today

ReputationRep:
    OP, you sound like you're talking BS, as shown by the fact you mention 'kapha' which google informs me is some wishy washy concept from an Indian system of 'natural healing' (read: mystical nonsense that isn't remotely grounded in reality) that doesn't actually appear to mean anything.

It's well known honey has antibacterial properties, hence it does have some use for infected wounds and to help healing etc, but how exactly can it help your eyesight? Or have any affect on asthma? What are you meant to do with it, inhale it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Also is an good astringent for the skin.
    Wash your face and put a dap of honey on open pores, leave for 15min or so and then wash off. It makes your skin look very refined and soft.

Just thought I'd add my 2cents to this honey thread...

OP can we have a source?

ReputationRep:
    What a load of *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried it as a lubricant? Very stimulating :love:

ReputationRep:
    But... it's so gooey...

ReputationRep:
    Great for wounds, careful of the botulism.

ReputationRep:
    You've missed out the main one!! It is the most powerful thing to use for sore throats :P Mx it with hot orange/blackcurrant and voila

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by changoo)
    1. As it contains sugars which are quickly absorbed by our digestive system and converted into energy, this can be used as instant energizer.
    2. As it is hygroscopic it speeds up healing, growth of healing tissue and dries it up.
    3. Honey acts as a sedative and is very usefull in bed wetting disorders.
    4. Honey is very good antioxident which restores the damaged skin and gives soft, young looks.
    5. Honey has antibacterial properties due to its acidic nature and enzymically produced hydrogen peroxide.
    6. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacteria and viral diseases.

• Honey is very good for eyes and eye sight.
    • It quenches thirst.
    • Dissolves kapha.
    • Reduces effects of poison.
    • Stops hiccups.
    • It is very useful in urinary tract disorders, worm infestations, bronchial asthma, cough, diarrhea and nausea -vomiting.
    • Cleanse the wounds.
    • It heals wounds.
    • Helps in quick healing of deep wounds.
    • Initiates growth of healthy granulation tissue.
    • Honey which is newly collected from bee hive increases body weight and is a mild laxative.
    • Honey which is stored and is old helps in metabolism of fat and scrapes Kapha.
    how do you explain the fact that it is at once both an 'instant energiser' and 'sedative'? My only explanation is that this post is a joke?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.