Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What Is Your Guilty Pleasure Movie? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Mine is "Xanadu" (Universal, 1980) With Olivia Newton John and Michael Beck and Gene Kelly.

ReputationRep:
    Rat Race. I know all the lines.

ReputationRep:

Flash Gordon, I ******* love this film.

ReputationRep:
    Bridget Jones.

ReputationRep:
    Mean Girls, seen it a million times.

Also, Breakfast at Tiffany's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Orange)

Flash Gordon, I ******* love this film.
    You shouldn't feel guilty about Flash. That film is **** ing epic. A real genre shifter.

I like a lot of cheesy late 80s/ early 90s stuff like Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, old Eddie Murphy films, Under Siege.

I also know every word from both Van Wilder and Happy Gilmore.

I still see no reason why I should feel guilty about any of these though, just because its not French Arthouse cinema.

Now if I had said mindless drivel like Independence day, or Transformers 2: then I would be embarassed.

ReputationRep:
    Fight Club : Awesome
    Breakfast Club: Classic
    Pursuit of Happyness: Beautiful
    Will Smiths film : He is Brilliant
    I love these films films they are great. Anyone agree?

ReputationRep:
    Bearing in mind that most of my film collection is children's films, musicals and cheesy 80s movies then lots, but actually I don't feel guilty about any of it!

ReputationRep:
    If its a rom com, I'll take it

ReputationRep:
    the Time Traveller's Wife/the Notebook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HisRoyalFreshness)
    Fight Club : Awesome
    Breakfast Club: Classic
    Pursuit of Happyness: Beautiful
    Will Smiths film : He is Brilliant
    I love these films films they are great. Anyone agree?
    First two yes, second two no. You're a bit of a Will Smith fanboy eh? I quite liked that vampire film he was in. What was that called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    Mean Girls, seen it a million times.
    nothing wrong with mean girls

ReputationRep:
    I don't recall him in a vampire film but im not an expert, i just think he is a really good actor. Every film ive seen him in has been good. MIB is good i think what do you think py0alb

ReputationRep:
    I'm a closet lover of animated films... The latest being "Despicable Me"...

"IT'S SO FLUFFY!"

ReputationRep:
    Any sort of American teen movie, like Ice Princess, John Tucker Must Die, Clueless and She's The Man.

ReputationRep:
    Mean Girls is everyone's guilty pleasure ;;

ReputationRep:
    Any stupid teen romcom like She's The Man or A Cinderella Story lol.

ReputationRep:
    Battle Royale II - the floppy, ridiculous sequel that I absolutely loved from moment one to finish. Guns and explosions, whoo!

Others would be Love Actually, Mean Girls and Johnny English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HisRoyalFreshness)
    I don't recall him in a vampire film but im not an expert, i just think he is a really good actor. Every film ive seen him in has been good. MIB is good i think what do you think py0alb
    It was called "I am Legend". He's not a bad actor, he was obviously fabulous (basically playing himself) in Fresh Prince and he was also good in "Enemy of the State". He has also been in a lot of real stinkers though.

Personally not a fan of MIB at all. It was around that time in the mid 90s when "charmingly old fashioned cheesy" well and truly turned into "vacuous, special effects driven cheesy".

ReputationRep:
    Not Just Another Teen Movie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.