Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding references. I am applying for masters degree to some universities and the same thing does my girlfriend. We would like to do the same course at the same uni.

One of my referees asked me if he should mention this fact in my and her letter of reference.

What do you think? Can it have any influence on our application or be perceived as an disadvantage? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why any admissions committee would care whether your girlfriend was coming or not. Seems a very strange thing for a referee to want to put in a reference.

ReputationRep:
    none of their business...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beefmaster)
    I don't see why any admissions committee would care whether your girlfriend was coming or not. Seems a very strange thing for a referee to want to put in a reference.
    What beefmaster said. It would be a bizarre thing to mention in a reference imho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lupinpooter)
    What beefmaster said. It would be a bizarre thing to mention in a reference imho
    Exactly. I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for reply.

I think that he wanted to give an example that we both form a good team and are determined to get into the same uni. Anyway I agree with you guys.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.