Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A couple of months ago my best friend told me he liked me. I don't feel the same way though. I see him more like a brother, someone i couldn't have a relationship with. So as nicely as i could i said i didn't feel the same. And we were fine, we were talking. But then last week he said he wanted to alk to me. So i said ok. We never got a chance to because we were never alone. But hes now not talkin to me. I've tried texting him, speaking to him in person, on facebook. But he just won't talking to me. His friends said i was just being paranoid. But then i went out on tuesday in a big group which he was in. We all got drinking to the point where we were all completley unsober. And we went to the last club where we were all dancing. And i was getting a bit of male attention. They were all dancing with me. This guy that i like was there and he was getting a bit touchy feely. But i was having fun so let it happen. But now he jealous, and is now calling me names like **** and whore. Which i don't understand because nothing happened. It's just really hurt and upset me that he seems to really hate me. What can i do?

ReputationRep:
    I if was you I would wait till he got over the fact that I didn't want to go out with him. So just giveit some time basicaally. Or if that don't work... he isn't exactly a good friend (with calling ya a **** and that) Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Telling him to grow up is the only thing you can do. Calling someone names isn't really a mature way to menage with rejection.

Classic male reaction. It'll pass.

ReputationRep:
      Well you should tell him to grow up. If he doesn't want you as a friend because of his petty jealousy, you're better off without him.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.