Wed: (Chest and triceps)
    -3 x 8 DB incline bench press
    -3 x 8 machine tricep extensions
    -3 x 8 Dumbell Flyes
    - 3 x 30 machine sit ups
    - 3 x 8 DB flat bench press

Thur: HIIT

Fri: (Back and Biceps)
    -3 x 8-10 weighted pull ups (using the grips that come out perpendicular and towards the user)
    -3 x 8 lat pull down (cable)
    -3 x 8 BB curls (EZ bar)
    -3 x 6 Deadlifts

Sat: OFF

Sun: (Legs and shoulders)
    -3 x 8 DB shoulder press
    -5 mins light cardio (warm up)
    -3 x 12 leg extenstions
    -3 x 12 leg curls
    -3 x 8 seated calf raises
    - 3 x 8 standing calf raises
    - 3 x 8 Squats
    -3 x 8 Military Press BB

Mon: OFF and Cheat meal (designed so to be the day after squats to ensure maximum growth)

Tue: HIIT

any advice would be appreciated, haters not appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell stop trying to change everything. Just do Starrs/Texas Method/other intermediate program.

EDIT: If you insist on this program, get rid of DB flyes (for cable/machine) and swap lat pulldown for a row of some sort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisIsOurDecision)
    EDIT: If you insist on this program, get rid of DB flyes (for cable/machine) and swap lat pulldown for a row of some sort.
    may i ask why you think machines are better than dumbells for flyes?

and please explain why row > lat pull down

thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think it's Awesome.....

JOKE..I actually think your having a laugh and taking the biscult with this. Surely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerSofas)
    may i ask why you think machines are better than dumbells for flyes?

and please explain why row > lat pull down

thanks
    Have you done DB flyes before? There's very little ROM where the weight is actually creating tension. Once you get past 30 degrees or so it's too easy. With a machine the tension is constant all the way through.

The lat pull down thing is just my preference. Whenever I do them it never feels too good for my shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    Dumbbell flyes are better than a machine tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Different Cloud)
    I think it's Awesome.....

JOKE..I actually think your having a laugh and taking the biscult with this. Surely!
    explain what you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerSofas)
    explain what you mean?
    If your for real. It almost looks like you have seen somebody else use this type of split. You've adpated it, picked various exercises that fit into that body part cataogatory and applied a set/rep range.

To mention a few....

- There is no consideration for balance. Pushing and Pulling in both horaztonal and vertical planes. I.E. You have bench press TWICE in one day and no rowing elsewhere.

- There is no consideration for volume. Simply no need for the amount of exercises on the same muscle group on the same day. Why not just incline one day and flat bench another rather than spinning your wheels and running yourself into the ground before santa comes.

- There is no consolidation for performance. The most important, essential, compound, beneficial and metabolic taxing lifts like the squat, deadlift and press are at the END of your workout. Don't you reckon it would be best to focus on these lifts when your fresh and actually able to excel in them.

I laughed out loud when i read 'Cheat meal (designed so to be the day after squats to ensure maximum growth)'..

Don't kid yourself on. I don't mean anything by it but this is simple just a collection of exercise. There are many invalid variables and you would be far better off in the long run doing a well-trusted and already created plan by somebody else both physically and for your own knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Different Cloud)
    If your for real. It almost looks like you have seen somebody else use this type of split. You've adpated it, picked various exercises that fit into that body part cataogatory and applied a set/rep range.

To mention a few....

- There is no consideration for balance. Pushing and Pulling in both horaztonal and vertical planes. I.E. You have bench press TWICE in one day and no rowing elsewhere.

- There is no consideration for volume. Simply no need for the amount of exercises on the same muscle group on the same day. Why not just incline one day and flat bench another rather than spinning your wheels and running yourself into the ground before santa comes.

- There is no consolidation for performance. The most important, essential, compound, beneficial and metabolic taxing lifts like the squat, deadlift and press are at the END of your workout. Don't you reckon it would be best to focus on these lifts when your fresh and actually able to excel in them.

I laughed out loud when i read 'Cheat meal (designed so to be the day after squats to ensure maximum growth)'..

Don't kid yourself on. I don't mean anything by it but this is simple just a collection of exercise. There are many invalid variables and you would be far better off in the long run doing a well-trusted and already created plan by somebody else both physically and for your own knowledge.
    dont worry i am not a troll, but i am just looking for decent workout advice.
    this one website (link below) recommendeda 3 day split divided workout up into:
    -push
    -pull
    -legs

source http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw21.htm

so i have gone for pushing exercise on the chest day, pulling exercises for the back and biceps and the leg day of course

with regards to volume, i am only training each body part once a week, so i am delibreatly chosing to do at least 2 exercises per body part in its allocated session.

however i showed this to the big guy at the gym and he adviced me against doing shoulder press on the same day as bench press. so i moved the shoulder exercises to the leg day.

the thing you mentioned about doing squats, deads and bench at the start, i do the isolations first to warm the body up, surely you would be too tired for the rest off the workout if you started on sets of deadlifts?

thanks

EDIT: if i add some horizontal cable/machine rows on the back day would you sayt thats better?

ReputationRep:
    on my current workout im doing a push/pull/legs 3 day split

but this guy at the gym adviced me against doing bench press and shoulder press on the same day, also saying that if i split them up i could do more than 1 shoulder exercise

so what do you guys think about having bench and shoulder press on same workout?

ReputationRep:
    Back/Triceps, Chest/Biceps, Shoulders/Legs or something like that really since you use shoulders in Bench Press too. There's nothing majorly wrong with it though.

ReputationRep:
    My advice? Train for strength and get some nice gains as a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    - Body part splits prety much suck.
    - Don't create your own routine.

Push-Pull-Leg split

- Pull
    Deadlifts - 4 sets x 6 reps
    Barbell rows - 3 sets x 6 - 10 reps
    Weighted pullups - 3 sets x 6 - 10 reps
    Barbell curls - 3 sets x 6 - 10 reps

- Push
    Flat bench press - 4 sets x 6 - 10 reps
    Incline bench press - 3 sets x 6 - 10 reps
    Military press - 4 sets x 6 - 10 reps
    Dips - 3 sets x 6 - 10 reps

- Legs
    Squats - 4 sets x 6 - 10 reps
    SLDL - 3 sets x 6 - 10 reps
    Lunges - 3 sets x 6 - 10 reps
    Standing calf raises - 3 sets x 6 - 10 reps

Upper/Lower Split Which I much prefer more.

A-B-A rotation... Thus you would do Upper / Lower / Upper one week and Lower / Upper / Lower the next. Repeat, eat and sleep.

- Upper
    Incline bench
    Bentover row
    Chins or Pull ups
    Dips
    Hanging Leg Raises

- Lower
    Squat or Deadlift
    SLDLs or Glute Hams
    Lunges
    Calfs
    Farmers Walks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.