Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think they just show the new one? The thing is if I resit something, the mark is capped at 40% regardless of whether I get more. However at A-Level the certificates showed the overall all grade calculated by the higher of the marks in the modules.

ReputationRep:
    I know this may vary from school to school, but at my school it is possible to do summer session, either to get ahead or by redoing old subjects. However we are paying a lot for it, and I would find it very unfair to pay that much for something that loses importance when both grades are listed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    I know this may vary from school to school, but at my school it is possible to do summer session, either to get ahead or by redoing old subjects. However we are paying a lot for it, and I would find it very unfair to pay that much for something that loses importance when both grades are listed!
    As far as I can see, the re-sat grade would be the most important.
    People get D's for all sorts of reasons. As long as it is an anomaly rather than part of a trend of lower grades, I wouldn't imagine that it would matter tremendously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    I hope so! Out of my final grades I don't have any Ds or worse (mostly Bs), but I have 2 Fs from my first semester (out of a misunderstanding with my tutor) and I'd hate for a future school to think I'm slacking off and a girl I know told me today that it looks "seriously bad".
    Ignore her, she most likely doesn't know what she's talking about. Just keep working hard and doing the best you can and you'll be fine.
    The fact that the Fs came in your first semester would show them that you've worked harder since then if anything, and that can only work in your favour.
    Try not to let what other people say get to you, most of 'em are clueless

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.