Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fee's For Science Should Be Free Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dont get why students get fee's if they study subjects which have obvious lack of interest maybe due to the complexity. Its a no brainer that many students are taking up psychology and other 'easy' subjects which are pretty dead end in terms of careers. I mean lets face it, you're not going to take a hobby up as a degree and thats all social sciences/arts are a hobby.

Not enough students study science at university for example engineering, chemistry and physics are under subscribed.

I feel the government should make fee's for these courses free to get more people into said industry's therefore bettering the country. Fee's for Social science/arts should increase.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2: Words cannot describe the fail of your posts

ReputationRep:
    "Fee's"? Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because medicine applicants who use £1000s worth of equipment and have loads of contact time a week should pay less than someone that sees a tutor 4hours a week, and is then told to go read a lot.

ReputationRep:
    "Fee's"? This is why we need English courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (:Becca(:)
    "Fee's"? This is why we need English courses.
    Yeah, but they are still free for 5 - 7 year olds...

ReputationRep:
    Science right now is more limited by lack of funding for research grants than it is in terms of not having enough undergraduate students. So any money you would put into subsidising science students should probably be placed in the hands of research councils instead, and if necessary they will fund doctoral education in science, which is what makes scientists honestly. Funded places are where the bottleneck occurs, since without loans or financial assistance not many can afford to self fund PhD studies.

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree. My field - sexology -is suffering from not enough people cuming into it. This is an anal fist to my industry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Engineering is under-subscribed?
    News to me.
    Practically everything is oversubscribed in comparison to the numbers of jobs, or government research grants available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    I dont get why students get fee's if they study subjects which have obvious lack of interest maybe due to the complexity. Its a no brainer that many students are taking up psychology and other 'easy' subjects which are pretty dead end in terms of careers. I mean lets face it, you're not going to take a hobby up as a degree and thats all social sciences/arts are a hobby.

Not enough students study science at university for example engineering, chemistry and physics are under subscribed.

I feel the government should make fee's for these courses free to get more people into said industry's therefore bettering the country. Fee's for Social science/arts should increase.
    Retards who can't properly use apostrophes should be made to pay double.
    EDIT: The same for those idiots who think 'free' can be a property of fees. 'Free' describes an absence of fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Nice)
    I completely agree. My field - sexology -is suffering from not enough people cuming into it. This is an anal fist to my industry
    I Totally agree with you on that one - more people should be going all the way on there sexology lessons

Anal's First

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.