Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

F***ing classmates/friends!!! Watch

Hey I’m at sixth form doing A2, I have this group of friends who I have a few classes with and see them nearly everyday. We all sit together in lesson, and they always talk. I on the other hand don’t like talking in lessons as I learn best from teacher’s notes, explanations and presentations. These girls talk and laugh at pretty much everything the whole lesson, my teacher is a bit relaxed and doesn’t really mind people talking. I know the solution here is to move and don’t sit next to them biut I am friends with theses girls and if I move they will assume that I don’t like them or they will probably stop talking to me. I really can’t bother to make new friends as A2 will be over in a few months. These girls make me feel left out just bcoz i don’t talk in lessons and during breaks they hardly talk to me..don’t really know why i’m posting here but it would be nice if I could get some advice. Thanks in advance

PS..i actually don't like these girls im only hanging out with them bcoz i don't want to spend lunch times on my own they can be *****y and rude and whenever i have something to say they always cut me out and start talking amongst themselves

bump

ReputationRep:
    Well they don;t sound fun to chill with, and they don't let you concentrate in lessons. So wouldn't it be better to just have no friends?

ReputationRep:
    well to be honest, you can either try and make new friends, I don't understand the whole 'I am leaving sixth form soon anyway' thing, cause you don't wanna be miserable through what are apparently meant to be the best days of your lives
    orrr you suck it up. if they want to talk that is their decision, but if they are distracting you, just move and if they ask you why just say 'I can't concentrate sorry'. besides if they are mean to you, why would you give a damn about what they say?

however, why don't you talk at breaktime? that is a chance, away from the lessons where you can actually be sociable
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would tell them I would like to learn and move. If they don't accept it then I'm afraid you should keep away.

ReputationRep:
    Well you say you don't like them and they don't talk to you at lunch time anyway so I don't see why you sit next to them during lessons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really can’t bother to make new friends as A2 will be over in a few months.
    Honestly, it sounds like you don't have friends at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Make new friends, or don't have friends.

Your current "friends" sound like a lost cause, you don't like them and it doesn't sound like they like you so... why bother?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.