Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it's difficult to judge the price of a tattoo because they are unique etc.

But I was just wondering if anyone could give a rough estimation on price of / time taken for these two tattoos.

The one on the arm wraps right the way round the forearm

Name:  arm.jpg
Views: 6080
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:  Wings.jpg
Views: 5146
Size:  17.7 KB

Thanks

EDIT: I DON'T WANT THESE TATTOOS, I DISLIKE THEM IMMENSLEY . . . . I just want to know how much they cost. . .

ReputationRep:
    Eww. My advice is don't get a tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    I know it's difficult to judge the price of a tattoo because they are unique etc.

But I was just wondering if anyone could give a rough estimation on price of / time taken for these two tattoos.

Thanks
    Depends how long they spend on them and how much attention to detail they spend doing. Also, I don't think there is a "standard" tattoo price.
    The guy I'd go to is £40 an hour (though he might do it cheaper for me as he's good mates with my dad and knocks money off for my dad's tats).
    I've heard of other, less reputable places charging £20 an hour, while others don't charge by time but a random number they seem to have pulled out of a hat.
    Each place is subjective.

Edit: I'm liking the wings. I wanted to get something like that done on my back but it's currently a design in progress that ahs other bits and bobs in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmarsh01)
    Eww. My advice is don't get a tattoo.
    GOOD GOD I DON'T WANT THEM! . . . . That's my brother :p: hahaha

I was just wondering how much they would have cost or how much time it would have taken so we know roughly how much it cost. . .

ReputationRep:
    Your dignity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Depends how long they spend on them and how much attention to detail they spend doing. Also, I don't think there is a "standard" tattoo price.
    The guy I'd go to is £40 an hour (though he might do it cheaper for me as he's good mates with my dad and knocks money off for my dad's tats).
    I've heard of other, less reputable places charging £20 an hour, while others don't charge by time but a random number they seem to have pulled out of a hat.
    Each place is subjective.
    Yea I know it's unique and you cant tell etc. I already said that, I just wondered roughly how many hours it might have taken?

I think the wings took like 4 sittings or something, so how many hours are there in a sitting roughly?

ReputationRep:
    Yea I know it's unique and you cant tell etc. I already said that, I just wondered roughly how many hours it might have taken?

I think the wings took like 4 sittings or something, so how many hours are there in a sitting roughly?
    Again, it's entirely subjective.
    Some people wuss out because of pain/get fidgety after an hour, some go for longer spells. My mate got the first part of his sleeve tattooed in a 4-hour sitting.

Edit: They are your brothers tattoos? They why don't you ask him how much they cost? :teehee:
    If he doesn't want to tell you, then respect his privacy.

ReputationRep:
    Where abouts are you?

London prices range from around £60-£100 per hour, at least if you go to someone who has a well-known reputation for producing quality work (Jolie Rouge, Into You, Blood Brothers, Evil From the Needle etc.)

Outlines can be done quickly, colouring takes ages, so it depends on how much colour detail you want. A full sleeve (the entire arm) in colour will take about 20 hours to do.

The first picture of the forearm tattoo, would probably take about 3-5 hours if it was full colour or had detailed shading. The back tattoo, maybe about 5 to 8 hours.

So you're probably looking at about £500+ for the back tattoo and and £300-£400 for the forearm.

ReputationRep:

Thanks

EDIT: I DON'T WANT THESE TATTOOS, I DISLIKE THEM IMMENSLEY . . . . I just want to know how much they cost. . .

The arm one would probably take between 1hour1/2 - 2 hours. And depending on where you go, mine charges £60 an hour.

The wings, i'm not too sure, i've never had a backpiece. But I would imagine at least 3 hours, more than likely much longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    Where abouts are you?

London prices range from around £60-£100 per hour, at least if you go to someone who has a well-known reputation for producing quality work (Jolie Rouge, Into You, Blood Brothers, Evil From the Needle etc.)

Outlines can be done quickly, colouring takes ages, so it depends on how much colour detail you want. A full sleeve (the entire arm) in colour will take about 20 hours to do.

The first picture of the forearm tattoo, would probably take about 3-5 hours if it was full colour or had detailed shading. The back tattoo, maybe about 5 to 8 hours.

So you're probably looking at about £500+ for the back tattoo and and £300-£400 for the forearm.
    Yea we had a look at prices in this area, they are around £60 an hour. Cheers, that's really helpful

ReputationRep:
    Who is your artist, is he based in Ldn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlisko)
    Who is your artist, is he based in Ldn?
    This was seven years ago.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.