Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I give him a chance? watch

There is this guy that likes me and its abit of a long story but basicly i do not like him, im not atacted to him, and im not looking for a boyfrired either, but he really likes me and he wishes that i would give him a chance, and hes a really nice guy i wish i was attracted to him but im not. So recently ive been thinking about him more than normally and im worried i might startt feelin the same way, but i dont want to....soo should i give him a chance? ....Im woried that i will hurt him more if we go out and then i end it short after :s This may seem stupid but im only intrested to know other peoples opinions, ive never been in a relationship bcus i just dont want one yet, but hes persuading me that id have to start at some point.... so what would you do?

ReputationRep:
    obviously the answer is no.

ReputationRep:
    if you don't like him, don't go out with him just for the sake of it. he'll end up hurt in the end. Use your common sense instead of TSR

ReputationRep:
    Has he got a big ****?

ReputationRep:
    Give him a chance. The best relationships happen when you dont want one/ arent looking for one.
    Make sure its on your terms. Maybe your hesitation to get into a relationship is masking how you feel about this guy?

ReputationRep:
    You can't force yourself to like someone, that just makes the pain worse when you eventually do dump them

ReputationRep:
    If you don't like him now, it's not gonna be fair on either of you to wait around whilst you try and force yourself to feel something towards him. Just tell him that you don't think of him in 'that way' and that you'd rather stay friends, rather than letting him push you into a relationship you don't really want.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If this is how you feel, I suggest you don't pursue him otherwise you will hurt him. Nothing wrong with being friends with him, but to me it suggests thats all you want him for.

ReputationRep:
    obvious answer is obvious

pm me a pic, and if i like you, you can go out with me. i have gf though, so if selected it'll be on the hush hush.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There is this guy that likes me and its abit of a long story but basicly i do not like him, im not atacted to him, and im not looking for a boyfrired either, but he really likes me and he wishes that i would give him a chance, and hes a really nice guy i wish i was attracted to him but im not. So recently ive been thinking about him more than normally and im worried i might startt feelin the same way, but i dont want to....soo should i give him a chance? ....Im woried that i will hurt him more if we go out and then i end it short after :s This may seem stupid but im only intrested to know other peoples opinions, ive never been in a relationship bcus i just dont want one yet, but hes persuading me that id have to start at some point.... so what would you do?
    erm don't fool yourself into thinking you like him if you don't. Cos it will fail mahoosively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Nice)
    Has he got a big ****?
    Find out OP and your answer will be crystal clear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss.Boo)
    Give him a chance. The best relationships happen when you dont want one/ arent looking for one.
    Make sure its on your terms. Maybe your hesitation to get into a relationship is masking how you feel about this guy?
    I agree with this

this happened to me. didn't fancy him at all. i agreed to one date. we got on so well.. i extended it to another. turns out i really fell for him after a while

ReputationRep:
    No, don't get his hopes up so high.

ReputationRep:
    My obvious answer is no. But then again it depends what kind of type you are and what your experience with guys is. Sexual attraction is important to me, and although I can get friendlier with a guy and develop chemistry after some time, I'm afraid sexual attraction doesn't appear out of the blue; it's either there from the start or it will never be.

He will be upset if you refuse to go out with him and he will be upset if you do and then dump him (saying you've "lead him on"). As long as you refuse to be his and he fancies you, he will pretty much be upset with you. So live with it, such is life for us girls.

ReputationRep:
    You don't want a boyfriend and you're not attracted to him? Obviously the answer is no.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by OrangeSocks)
    You don't want a boyfriend and you're not attracted to him? Obviously the answer is no.
    I second this

ReputationRep:
    Im in the same position actually so im glad I came across this thread! But I actually do like him a bit whereas you don't and I'm hesitant enough so maybe you shouldn't get involved if you're not interested as it will really crush him if you realised you'd made a mistake. However it could work the other way and it could be the best thing you've ever done giving him a chance.

ReputationRep:
    If you're not attracted to him or not looking for a relationship right now... the obvious answer is no.

You could end up feeling frustrated.. and him hurt.

But on the other hand you could always get to know him a little, and see how you feel about it... just dont rush in to anything you're unsure about.
    x

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're trying to convince yourself you like him. Whilst I do agree people can grow on you and things can turn into something more, I don't think it's fair to risk hurting this guy by just giving it a go and seeing how you feel!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 5, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.