Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    MPs' expenses: £3.1m claimed in three months
    House of Commons Many MPs chose not to claim any expenses at all

MPs were paid £3.1m in expenses during the first three and a half months after the general election.

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority - which runs the new system - has published 22,000 claims paid out between 7 May and 31 August.

The highest total paid to an MP was £20,752 to Tory Keith Simpson. Labour's Jeremy Corbyn had the lowest at £8.70.
    Typical Tory greed.

ReputationRep:
    I completely disagree. How are the MPs expected to afford prostitutes if they can't claim it on expenses?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Would be interesting to see the average claim by MPs of each of the three main parties.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    Typical Tory greed.
    What did he claim on?

ReputationRep:
    Im in the minority here but i don't think theirs anything wrong with doing that. I mean if i was a MP i would do exactly the same thing along with tax avoidance lol and i'm sure everyone else would do the same thing if they had the chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    Im in the minority here but i don't think theirs anything wrong with doing that. I mean if i was a MP i would do exactly the same thing along with tax avoidance lol and i'm sure everyone else would do the same thing if they had the chance.
    Not doubt what you're saying deliberately provocative.

(Original post by Aj12)
    What did he claim on?
    http://mpsallowances.parliament.uk/m...keith-simpson/

One of claims was £200 for light-bulbs.:rolleyes:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Profile)
    Not doubt what you're saying deliberately provocative.

http://mpsallowances.parliament.uk/m...keith-simpson/

One of claims was £200 for light-bulbs.:rolleyes:
    Tbh its within the rules, wrong as it may be.

ReputationRep:
    I want to be an MP

ReputationRep:
    Stop whining you lazy ****s, go and get a decent job yourself instead of *****ing about people who already made it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.