Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So much ado about those WikiLeaks disclosures of classified info! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So much ado about those WikiLeaks disclosures of classified info! Why, I wonder? It's just one more 'yellow newspaper'. Nothing new actually! Then.... it's really impossible to sort it out where's the truth and where's a lie on WikiLeaks. And I actually doubt we must ever try to do the job.
    Americans care a **** about rest of the world including top foreign politicians! Is it a revelation with you? We've always been aware of the fact! Where's the sensation, I wonder?
    Obviously, WikiLeaks creators are having huge profits on sale of 'exclusive classified stuff' to mass media in key countries in Europe and America mainly and some other regions. Regretful enough, may favorites, the American 'New York Times' and the British 'Guardian', also failed to resist the temptation of buying 'exclusive materials' to make 'sensation'. I think that by printing those fishy materials they convert into 'yellow' press themselves.
    More, they are just undermining a key value of western democracy, freedom of speech which is transforming just into freedom of lie before our eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IngridN)
    they are just undermining a key value of western democracy, freedom of speech which is transforming just into freedom of lie before our eyes.

The problem is, these government Cables are not lies..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IngridN)
    So much ado about those WikiLeaks disclosures of classified info! Why, I wonder? It's just one more 'yellow newspaper'. Nothing new actually! Then.... it's really impossible to sort it out where's the truth and where's a lie on WikiLeaks. And I actually doubt we must ever try to do the job.
    Americans care a **** about rest of the world including top foreign politicians! Is it a revelation with you? We've always been aware of the fact! Where's the sensation, I wonder?
    Obviously, WikiLeaks creators are having huge profits on sale of 'exclusive classified stuff' to mass media in key countries in Europe and America mainly and some other regions. Regretful enough, may favorites, the American 'New York Times' and the British 'Guardian', also failed to resist the temptation of buying 'exclusive materials' to make 'sensation'. I think that by printing those fishy materials they convert into 'yellow' press themselves.
    More, they are just undermining a key value of western democracy, freedom of speech which is transforming just into freedom of lie before our eyes.
    The revelation is in the fact that the US tried to hide these. Read closer and there's more revealing information; even in those newspapers you condemn. Democracy is about open and free speech, Wikileaks just represents that. Nobody is making any money from this; Wikileaks survives through donations and Julian Assange for one isn't sitting pretty. I don't understand where this notion of lying comes from.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise you were a troll. Should've checked user stats before posting.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.