Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello all,

I had a pgce interview at warwick a month ago...passed the tests in the morning and went onto to the group task and interview in the afternoon....was told at interview I should hear within two weeks. However, I have still have not heard the result. I have spoken to Warwick and have been informed that they have not yet had their TDA allocation and cannot release interview results until they do. Last week they said I should hear in a few days....but I am still waiting
    I am assuming it's because of the white paper released last week...and I am assured that all providers are having the same issue!
    Has anyone had an offer yet? or can anyone tell me when the TDA will release places to providers?

the wait is driving me insane...

ReputationRep:
    Hi corriefan,

I am in the same position as you, I had a PGCE primary interview at Brunel Uni on the 23rd of Nov and received an email yesterday that said I had passed the interview but until they get their budget allocation from TDA they can't confirm my place on the course and this should be "early in the new year"!! This is because if the uni’s budget is cut the interviews will have to be judged more vigorously....
    Such a pain, the wait drives me crazy too. I rang the uni and was told that a lot of other institutions are having the same problem and won’t find out until roughly the same time.

Hope that helps a bit!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that Justin_Louise...just have to wait then.....feel like I'm in limbo at the moment...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for history at IOE and got an email from them a week ago saying that the TDA and GTTR are advising institutions to delay decisions until they have more concrete knowledge of the numbers they can allocate! Just a waiting game I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corriefan)
    hello all,

I had a pgce interview at warwick a month ago...passed the tests in the morning and went onto to the group task and interview in the afternoon....was told at interview I should hear within two weeks. However, I have still have not heard the result. I have spoken to Warwick and have been informed that they have not yet had their TDA allocation and cannot release interview results until they do. Last week they said I should hear in a few days....but I am still waiting
    I am assuming it's because of the white paper released last week...and I am assured that all providers are having the same issue!
    Has anyone had an offer yet? or can anyone tell me when the TDA will release places to providers?

the wait is driving me insane...
    Hi there,
    I have recieved my offer from Reading for secondary chemistry BUT they did say this is because I am doing a long SKE (6 months) before the PGCE. This chemistry course starts first day of Feb so they obviously needed to be able to give firm offers for a PGCE before a place could be allocated on the SKE and waiting until mid to late Jan is just not viable. To do this Reading had to contact the TDA who agreed to honour PGCE places for those students doing an SKE. So I am actually one of the few in a lucky position to actually be able to see my place on the gTTR and accept it.
    I understand how frustrating it must be however, at my interview they basically that it is unlikely that your place would be taken away if a conditional offer is given as uni s are generally being far more conservative with their places.

Not much help, but it won't be long now I'm sure. Just stay positive. And if anyone is doing a long SKE and hasn't been told the same info, get the uni to get their acts together and ask the TDA as this is all my subject leader did at Reading uni.
    Milly xxx

ReputationRep:
    At my interview I was told that the History PGCE departments across the country have agreed amongst themselves to work on last years allocations until now. All offers are conditional still just in case but depending on the uni they are quite confident they should be OK.

ReputationRep:
    I got an information pack from the uni with all the details about the interview and they've written in bold, huge letters that all offers that are made are conditional and that we'll know if we're in at the end of December/beginning of January. My interview is next week so I won't have long to wait.

The budget allocated to education has decreased significantly so there will be changes, we just don't know where yet. The TDA could decide they'd rather give unis the same budget but not give as much money to trainees in terms of bursaries, or the other way around, for example.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at Durham for primary on Nov 4th. On the 5th, I was given a conditional offer. As well as the condition on my achieving a 2.1, it is also on there being places available.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get a place...

Try not to worry. All providers are in the same place, they are just dealing with it in different ways. My friend has been told they are not interviewing until January, whereas others, like your provider, are interviewing and not giving out offers etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milly84)
    Hi there,
    I have recieved my offer from Reading for secondary chemistry BUT they did say this is because I am doing a long SKE (6 months) before the PGCE. This chemistry course starts first day of Feb so they obviously needed to be able to give firm offers for a PGCE before a place could be allocated on the SKE and waiting until mid to late Jan is just not viable. To do this Reading had to contact the TDA who agreed to honour PGCE places for those students doing an SKE. So I am actually one of the few in a lucky position to actually be able to see my place on the gTTR and accept it.
    I understand how frustrating it must be however, at my interview they basically that it is unlikely that your place would be taken away if a conditional offer is given as uni s are generally being far more conservative with their places.

Not much help, but it won't be long now I'm sure. Just stay positive. And if anyone is doing a long SKE and hasn't been told the same info, get the uni to get their acts together and ask the TDA as this is all my subject leader did at Reading uni.
    Milly xxx

I'm not sure how many people attend SKE courses but surely this suggestes they cannot be doing away with PGCEs just yet so I'm def keeping my fingers crossed that there are not too significant cuts to primary as I realise your Chemistry PGCE is a shortage subject?

Its all too up in the air and really hope we find out before january so that plans can be set in motion ....

xXx

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same position. I received an email today from the IOE for Secondary PGCE Science saying that they have to delay their response for interviews because they are waiting to hear from the TDA about PGCE allocations. It's very frustrating but I guess there's nothing we can do except wait. Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    Hi corriefan, hopefully you'll receive a reply before Christmas, it would be the best Christmas present you could get! I have my interview at Worcester University first thing in the new year so will be spending my Christmas brushing up on all my questions and answers.

What questions did they ask you for your English test, I'm trying to do some revision on this but don't seem to be able to find much about?

ReputationRep:
    I have now had an email from Warwick stating that they are wish to offer me a conditional place on their primary PGCE course, but this is subject to their TDA training allocations. They have said that they should be able to confirm the offer by February 2011.... so I am happy now that I know where I stand..it was the not knowing that was so frustrating I am actually quite pleased to have got this far..the competition for a place on this course was immense...so many turned away after the morning tests.....just keeping my fingers and toes crossed now til the new year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exhall4)
    Hi corriefan, hopefully you'll receive a reply before Christmas, it would be the best Christmas present you could get! I have my interview at Worcester University first thing in the new year so will be spending my Christmas brushing up on all my questions and answers.

What questions did they ask you for your English test, I'm trying to do some revision on this but don't seem to be able to find much about?
    The english task at Warwick was based on a 4 page document about the cambridge primary review. We were given 30 minutes reading time and asked to write a critical response about the primary curriculum based on the document. It was quite hard in such pressured conditions...I think they were looking for spelling, grammar and sentence/paragraph structure rather than wonderful content, as I really thought my essay wasn't very good at all! The process was quite brutal though - after the tests we were sent to lunch and afterwards, it was like a scene from Xfactor...names read out of those through to the afternoon and others told to go home!!!!:eek: only 8 out of 30 in my group got through to the afternoon...it was unbelievable...the competetion was so strong!
    Good luck with your interview....getting onto ITT is soooo stressful isn't it!

ReputationRep:
    This SUCKS!
    I worked so hard for my interview, but I can't even be happy or celebrate my conditional offer until the Tda allocate places.. I thought I'd be happy when I got an offer, but now I'm more stressed than ever!!

ReputationRep:
    I have received a Warwick Primary PGCE offer today - again provisional depending on funding and it's still February 2011 that they expect to hear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverlinings)
    I have received a Warwick Primary PGCE offer today - again provisional depending on funding and it's still February 2011 that they expect to hear!
    Hiya,

Just wondered where you heard it would be February 2011?

Any chance it will be earlier, or even any chance it will be later than that?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk678)
    Hiya,

Just wondered where you heard it would be February 2011?

Any chance it will be earlier, or even any chance it will be later than that?

Thanks
    Hi

That's just what it said in the Warwick email, no other information I'm afraid.

Still hoping it might be sooner, but I won't hold my breath!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaime1986)
    This SUCKS!
    I worked so hard for my interview, but I can't even be happy or celebrate my conditional offer until the Tda allocate places.. I thought I'd be happy when I got an offer, but now I'm more stressed than ever!!
    I feel the same way :/

I'm just trying to be happy I haven't had any rejections yet... but they could be rejections waiting to happen, we just don't have any idea!

It is very stressful, I agree. On the TDA website it doesn't indicate a date or month or even season that the figures for ITT will be released sad times!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I had my Primary Teaching degree interview on Jan 26th at Northampton Uni and have baisically told the same, although they have said they are "mindful to make an offer once the allocation is known". My concern now is whether to hold out for this one as it is my first choice or accept the English subject degree that I have also been offered. Any ideas or suggestions from you guys much appreciated. Whats really annoying is that they are not letting UCAS update the system. The phrase "Mushrooms" springs to mind, but ho hum......

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my boyfriend and myselfhave both applied for pgce's at Worcester uni, his for secondary history and mine for primary. Early january we got letters saying they had issued letter to those who hadnt received offers but cannot give offers out until the tda give them their allocations. Today my boyfriend got a letter stating we wont be finding out for up to another 4 weeks which will be late feb because the tda still havent given the allocations It's really annoying now!! but I do believe every uni is in the same position so no one is at a disadvantage

Hope this info helps.

Becca xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.