Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

World Cup 2018 Decision Watch

ReputationRep:
    FIFA are expected to announce which country will be hosting the 2018 World Cup in the next few minutes (although there are rumours that the decision has been pushed back until 3:15).

Do you think England could still win the bid after the press intrusion that FIFA hates so much? Do you, for some reason, want another country to win the bid?

As soon as the decision comes through, I'll post it here.

WINNER: Russia.

Bidders:

ENGLAND

RUSSIA

SPAIN & PORTUGAL

HOLLAND & BELGIUM

----------------------------

LIVE ANNOUNCEMENT

ReputationRep:
    Very exciting! Looks like Russia did really well in their presentation and Spain/Portugal had a shocker. Looks like it's between us and the Russki's...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm....5 minutes :/

ReputationRep:
    England are down to 1/2 to win the bid and shortening. Either someone knows something or there's an awful lot of late, patriotic money...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)
    Very exciting! Looks like Russia did really well in their presentation and Spain/Portugal had a shocker. Looks like it's between us and the Russki's...
    Yeah, although there's no doubt England has the best presentation. I think Russia will just tip it, though, FIFA want to spread football across the world, and they'd be doing that if they held the world cup in Russia.

ReputationRep:
    Sooo nervous

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Russia will get it, Gladmir Putin isn't even there... shows their commitment to it. Good on England, Prince William

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    I don't think Russia will get it, Gladmir Putin isn't even there... shows their commitment to it. Good on England, Prince William
    I hope you're right. **** the Olympics - the World Cup is what England want most.

ReputationRep:
    Why haven't we already won it :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    Any minute now...

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we've lost. Guardian twitter henrywinter

ReputationRep:
    William Wales looks bare sad.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we went out on the first round

ReputationRep:
    There are suggestions that we've gone out in the first round. Respected sports journo Henry Winter is claiming that there's no hope. God, I hope he's wrong.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing ridiculous! What an absolute joke FIFA is

ReputationRep:
    The host said 'nations' not 'nation'

ReputationRep:
    stupid

ReputationRep:
    I sincerely hope that the rumours aren't true.

To go out in the 1st round would be horrific!

ReputationRep:
    Spain & Portugal to win.

ReputationRep:
    this is bulls***

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.