Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I in the wrong? (Girls, your advice) :( Watch

I met a guy at uni, he was really nice and we always had a good laugh (nothing physical).
    He asked me a couple of times if i'd like to go back home to his country and each occasion i smiled but deep down wasn't sure what his intentions were.
    Then, i decided to be honest when he asked me the third time...i told him it would be odd for me to turn up at his family home to which he replied ''i'll book you into a hotel''. From that point on, I honestly thought he was dodgy I have ignored him since.

Would you say I made the right conclusion, girls? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sex trafficking

ReputationRep:
    TBH he seems a little bit desperate to get you there. Like, the mere fact you didn't say yes the first time would be enough to put most people asking a second time, never mind a third. And then even offering expensive accommodation, etc.
    I probably wouldn't ignore him, but then again, even when I'm pretty sure someone's extremely dodgy I only leave it until I end up in some sort of serious crap until I realise I should probably ignore them.
    You're not in the wrong imo. Though maybe he is just a really nice guy. Sometimes people from foreign country's seem to be really nice for some reason(I could probably try and make an educated guess but then I'd get neg rep'd so badly for making stereotypes and inevitably being incorrect at some point).
    EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    Ignore. If you don't want to ignore, go watch "Taken" with Liam Neeson. Then you'll definitely ignore him!

ReputationRep:
    Erm...that does sound kinda creepy. I think you should tell him that. If he really is dodgy you'll be able to tell.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even cross the road with him and you're considering going to his COUNTRY?! :lolwut:

(Original post by Emor)
    TBH he seems a little bit desperate to get you there. Like, the mere fact you didn't say yes the first time would be enough to put most people asking a second time, never mind a third. And then even offering expensive accommodation, etc.
    I probably wouldn't ignore him, but then again, even when I'm pretty sure someone's extremely dodgy I only leave it until I end up in some sort of serious crap until I realise I should probably ignore them.
    You're not in the wrong imo. Though maybe he is just a really nice guy. Sometimes people from foreign country's seem to be really nice for some reason(I could probably try and make an educated guess but then I'd get neg rep'd so badly for making stereotypes and inevitably being incorrect at some point).
    EMZ=]
    Thanks for your reply EMZ/Emor
    He asked one of my friends for my number before the invites. So, that did get me thinking he is a tad desperate. And yes, I did catch on. That's what I was thinking...but why me? :/ I'm not good looking. Surely, if you want to go through all that stuff you'd want it to be with someone worth being with

(Original post by Luceria)
    Ignore. If you don't want to ignore, go watch "Taken" with Liam Neeson. Then you'll definitely ignore him!

I've ignored him for weeks to the point he now doesn't sit next to me anymore (part of me feels really bad for doing that..... the other part doesn't).
    But, I guess I'll still watch the film

(Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)
    I wouldn't even cross the road with him and you're considering going to his COUNTRY?! :lolwut:
    I'm not considering it, at all.

ReputationRep:
    he might genuinly be a nice guy? but it sounds a bit weird. I would ask why he wants you to go back to his country with him, and if his answer is a bit dodgy i would avoid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not considering it, at all.
    But you are doubting yourself. This thread wouldn't exist if you were convinced imo. Where is he from? I think that could settle it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    id be reeeeeally worried about that! seems a bit odd and very dodgy to be honest! i would definatly not go cos then youre in a strange counrty where you know no one else (wheres he from?) what if your phone got stolen, or even worse your passport! then youre stranded! maybe leave him for a bit, but if he does start talking to you again and keeps asking you about it ask him what his intentions are oooor make up a complete lie and tell him you have to work in the holidays or visit family or wash your hair or something!!!

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    You will be his wife very, very soon.

ReputationRep:
    basically he wants to bone you, simples.

just remember guys and girls are never friends - one always wants the other unless they both want each other...or one or both sort of thihks the other is kinda fit, but wouldn't act on it for friendship, but given the right opportunity being horny, would.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on what country he's going to take to you - e.g.

New York - hell yes, take the next plane with him, free ticket

A poorer country like Romania or somewhere it's cold like Alaska - er no.

ReputationRep:
    He asked one of my friends for my number before the invites. So, that did get me thinking he is a tad desperate. And yes, I did catch on. That's what I was thinking...but why me? :/ I'm not good looking. Surely, if you want to go through all that stuff you'd want it to be with someone worth being with
    NP ^_^. Emor/Emma/Emma-Louise/EMZ/Em/etc. w.e you want LOL. Most people online call me Emor though.
    Maybe you came across as more accepting than most? Guys who are desperate, imo, tend to fall for any girl who they think they have a chance with, it doesn't really matter whether objectively they are amazing or not, in their head they are. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
    Not to imply that you're mediocre, you seem like quite a nice person from your OP.
    EMZ=]

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell me how to create my own disscussion please? im a bit lost

ReputationRep:
    where is he from? that might be ok in some culture but he could be a creep for all you know. maybe keep him as a distant friend but don't go...

ReputationRep:
    If this guy was targetting you for nefarious reasons, he would probably know to look for girls with low confidence who aren't likely to go running to somebody for help, and just doubt their own instincts.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.