Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone help me find this film? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been searching the internet for the title of this film for years now and I just can't find it anywhere! It was such a good film!

Ok, I don't remember who's in it (I watched it years ago) but it's about an american man who goes to some oriental country and sleeps with some important man's daughter and is then framed for her murder. He's sent to prison and is treated really badly. I remember two scenes from it: there's one bit where he's walking up the stairs with a prison guard and the guard sneaks away while the man continues walking up the stairs. Someone grabs the man and dangles him over the banisters. He thinks they're going to drop him and starts yelling and screaming. And I think then one of his shoes falls off which catches the attention of another guard who rushes to see what's going on. Then the man's pushed down the stairs and he slides down them on his front. Another scene I remember is of the man being forced to strip naked to be put in solitary confinement.

If someone could help me find the name of that film so that I can buy it that'd be fantastic cos I've searched IMDB and can't find it anywhere!

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaMusiqueEstMaVie)
    I've been searching the internet for the title of this film for years now and I just can't find it anywhere! It was such a good film!

Ok, I don't remember who's in it (I watched it years ago) but it's about an american man who goes to some oriental country and sleeps with some important man's daughter and is then framed for her murder. He's sent to prison and is treated really badly. I remember two scenes from it: there's one bit where he's walking up the stairs with a prison guard and the guard sneaks away while the man continues walking up the stairs. Someone grabs the man and dangles him over the banisters. He thinks they're going to drop him and starts yelling and screaming. And I think then one of his shoes falls off which catches the attention of another guard who rushes to see what's going on. Then the man's pushed down the stairs and he slides down them on his front. Another scene I remember is of the man being forced to strip naked to be put in solitary confinement.

If someone could help me find the name of that film so that I can buy it that'd be fantastic cos I've searched IMDB and can't find it anywhere!

Thanks x
    Midnight express?

ReputationRep:
    No, that's not it... thanks though.

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Prison_films

ReputationRep:
    Was this a film starring Richard Gere?

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Thanks but it's gonna take me an age to go through all those!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bravery)
    Was this a film starring Richard Gere?
    As I said, I can't remember who's actually in it (I watched it years ago when I was much younger and didn't pay attention to actors). I think he had white hair - but that might be me making that up cos that week I also watched a film with Steve Martin in it about his house being overrun by loud party people or something. Having said that it was 'Steve Martin week' on that channel that week... but something tells me it wasn't him in that film.

ReputationRep:
    Did you see it at the cinema? Any idea how old you were? If you could search the year as well as little bits of description, you're more likely to find it x

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps it was a disturbing dream you had as a child!

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Thanks but it's gonna take me an age to go through all those!
    Ok. I went through the WHOLE thing and found nothing. Thanks anyway. I know that not all prison films are on there though cos Dead Man Walking wasn't there even though I assumed that was quite a well known one. Thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Did you see it at the cinema? Any idea how old you were? If you could search the year as well as little bits of description, you're more likely to find it x
    No. I saw it on TV which means it was probably made a bit before then. I don't remember how old I was but it was a fair few years ago (I'm 18 now). I was young enough that I didn't pay attention to actors which is frustrating cos if I knew the actor then this would be so much easier.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I went through the WHOLE thing and found nothing. Thanks anyway. I know that not all prison films are on there though cos Dead Man Walking wasn't there even though I assumed that was quite a well known one. Thanks anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnorG)
    Perhaps it was a disturbing dream you had as a child!
    Lol. No it was definitely a film!

Have any idea what it was?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like this film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119994/

The only scene I can remember vividly is Richard Gere running along a wall trying to get to the American embassy, but the naked solitary confinement rings a slight bell.

EDIT: Here's the trailer if that helps:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddyman4)
    Sounds like this film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119994/

The only scene I can remember vividly is Richard Gere running along a wall trying to get to the American embassy, but the naked solitary confinement rings a slight bell.

EDIT: Here's the trailer if that helps:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! ARGH THIS IS IT! I've been looking for it for ages! I didn't remember anything in the trailer until that scene that I described in my first post came on! Thank you so much!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.