Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay I'm applying for IBD summer internships but also applied to PwC Corporate Finance. I got to the AC stage but now have said they have filled up vacancies. They have given me the option to go the ACs at other divisions in Advisory. Which out of the others should I go for:

Valuations
    Transaction Services
    Business Recovery Services
    Forensics

I'm inclined to Valuations since it seems more technical and might do a bit of modelling. But looking somewhat ahead what is the best division experience to have behind me if I were to apply for IBD grad roles at the banks?

ReputationRep:
    Transaction Services - Due Dilligence. Unglamorous grunt work.

Business Recovery Services - Restructuring.

Forensics - Have no idea why all the Big 4 lump this into Advisory. It's basically just glorified Audit.

Valuations - This is the group that values all the stuff that cant instantly be sized up, the tricky stuff, like intangibles and off-balance sheet items. Offers the most interesting work of the four, and the most relevant to banking.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks that's helpful. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    You don't actually spend that much time in IBD doing "valuations" so TS might be useful as well, a lot of the work like due diligence is quite transferable or at the very least knowing how the process works can be beneficial for IBD.

Though valuations is probably more exciting than TS

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.