Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Today I got an interview for primary education at middlesex university on 6th Jan.
    Does anyone know what I should expect?
    I know there are maths and english tests - what sort of things do they test you on?
    Anyone that can help, just reply or message me!
    Really want to be prepared for the interview.

ReputationRep:
    had my first interview for primary teaching yesterday for bedfordshire. it wasn't nearrrrrly as bad as i thought it would be.
    the tests are easy, the maths is like keystage 2/3 level, i guess it depends how much you can remember though haha : ) mmmm the english, i think most places get you to write an answer to something (obviously) but you have to remember, that it's not all about the contents. i think the main thing they're looking at is your spelling and stuff.
    we had a group interview, which was where we had to discuss an artifact that we had brought in (and prepared a speech for) which was fine, i thought it was going to be horrible, but it really wasnt that bad. theeeen we had an individual interview, which i ended up just blabbing through the whole thing. haha. i didnt actually prepare for that, just make sure you can talk about things in your personal statement.

have you done much experience?

ReputationRep:
    ah that doesn't sound too bad really. guess i'll have to wait and see from february 2010, i did alternate monday mornings in a primary school. so i've done quite a bit. i'm planning on going in a couple of days before christmas as well, just to get back into it and do some classroom observations how about you? i hope you get an offer from bedfordshire

ReputationRep:
    ah thats cool. well about 3 years ago i did 2 weeks in a nursery. then last year i did 2 weeks in my old primary school. and ive just finished a 1 afternoon a week for 10 weeks experience. so we've done about the same then : ) and me too! where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    that sounds good and plenty of experience i've also applied for primary education at oxford brookes, general primary at chester and education studies at UEA and bath-spa. had a conditional offer from uea but not heard from anyone else but middlesex (obviously). how about you? x

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, do you have an interview for UEA? or do you not because it's education studies?... i've got 4 interviews at bedfordshire, gloucestershire, derby and sunderland. havnt heard from york st johns. i have the next three in the space of two weeks which is a bit worrying!

ReputationRep:
    i just got a conditional offer from there; no interview. ah four!? well, good luck. i'm sure you'll be fine. as long as you feel prepared and do your best, no one can ask anything more of you!

ReputationRep:
    ahh thats lucky...i wish i didnt have to do all the stupid interviews!but yeee, if they are like the one i just did, then i should be fine. but ye, if you need any help with your interview just ask but i'm sure it will be fine. the interviewers try and make it relaxed, and theyre really nice...well im guessing they all are. the ones i had were haha x

ReputationRep:
    it would be better without interviews but hey! we have to do stuff we don't like sometimes. thank you i hope mine will be the same, then. x

ReputationRep:
    i got my interview for middlesex on the 6th of jan aswel!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    well doneeee!
    i might see you there then.
    how are you feeling about it? x

ReputationRep:
    not gd at all! i really want to know what comes up int he english n maths test! lol

yup might see u but how am i going to kno its u LOL

ReputationRep:
    me too. the maths test is what i am really dreading as i haven't done maths in two years s: well i'll be the one with red hair, called charlotte and looking nervous xD haha.

ReputationRep:
    LOOLl im worried abt english i havnt english essays since sooo lonngg! LOLhaha ok ill be the one with a scarf n mostly back coat ill smile at u when i clok who u r haha n mesg me if u find any information abt the tests ye ill do the same

ReputationRep:
    ahh. i'm sure you'll do fine though okay then. i'll smile back xD and sure thing. i wish they would send us like, practice questions or something so we have some of what the tests will be like. xx

ReputationRep:
    they anit going to watch i had other interviews n they didnt do thatt

ReputationRep:
    /: its annoying. but oh well. we'll just do our best xD is middlesex your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    no not ma first choice one of my last wbu?

ReputationRep:
    same to be honest. my first is bath-spa but haven't heard anything from them yet and my insurance is chester (have an interview there on the 12th jan). whats your first and insurance?

ReputationRep:
    i dunno yet i had my interview at roehampton no reply yet, and had by interview at kingston which was unsuccessful was full n its too far for me anyways and got an offer from goldsmith for education culture and socity so dont realli wanna go there i wanna try go to greenwich or roehampton or middlesex. lets c lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.