The Student Room Group

Staying extra nights / Itinerary?

Hi everyone :smile: An international applicant from Asia here with a few questions, if you don't mind!

How does this work in terms of accomodations: We entered our date of arrival into the website's system, is that enough? I don't think we receive any confirmation of our request, so do I take it it's taken care of? Should we just expect to be taken care of when we check into our college upon arrival, and have a sort of program provided until the day we leave?

I'm a bit anxious since I'm flying in all the way from Asia. History also might extend to Saturday the 11th instead of Saturday the 10th for people with a third interview -- will we only know if this is the case when we arrive? Makes booking flights a bit tricky, but Oxford should be alright taking us in an extra day even if we're not interviewing, right? (as in, would there be any problem for me to stay from December 7 to 12 even if my interviews are only on December 8, 10 and possibly 11?)

THANK YOU :biggrin:
Reply 1
I emailed the college I applied to about this, so I might be able to help :smile: I was advised to book my return journey on the last day until which I might be required to stay. Even if all my interviews are over the day before, I can stay in college until my journey back home. I guess it's the same for all the college - but if you're unsure just ask your college :smile:
Reply 2
I actually called my college being an international applicant too...They said that I have guaranteed accommodation for the whole time I'm there ( I'm arriving Monday night and leaving Saturday afternoon) :biggrin:
Reply 3
Well I emailed my college to request accommodation for the night of the last day of interviews for my course, since I'm supposed to stay "until later that day" for additional interview arrangements :wink: you should definitely email you college and just request for another night so you can book your flights :smile: where are you coming from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending