Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How Much Knowledge Actually Needed In AS Source Paper? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    I have started my revision for my January 2011 source paper exam, and I just wanted to know is knowledge actually that necessary, or do we basically just need to know dates...
    Thanks for the repllies

(Original post by Delight :))
      Hey guys
      I have started my revision for my January 2011 source paper exam, and I just wanted to know is knowledge actually that necessary, or do we basically just need to know dates...
      Thanks for the repllies
      What exam board?
      Also - You may want to read this.
      Good luck

ReputationRep:
      You need to put the source in context, you really do need a rough idea of what was going on at the time and when - often down to a daily scale. Two sources written in April 1916 may be completely different, especially in relation to Ireland and the Easter Rising. Revision can't not help you in this case.

ReputationRep:
      Hey
      Thanks for the reply guys..Its OCR Vietnam

ReputationRep:
      Using own knowledge is one of the ways of evaluating the sources. It'll be fairly obvious to the examiner if you have no own knowledge. You have the time so try and revise some content for it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.