Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Im doing a research paper on the question if the American nation is divided and if there actually is a "culture war" within the nation.
    I found a lot of good books and articles on the subject, my problem is just that a lot of the tables and graphs that are used in the texts are a bit old or I can't find them anywhere on the internet.
    I need two tables. One showing the votes of the presidential election 2008 divided in race, and another showing the attitudes towards abortion and homosexuality in large cities (gate way areas) and smaller cities and rural areas. I checked PEW, US census bureau, polling report and so on. The only thing i found was a CNN report. Their report is based on voters that were asked directly after they voted.
    I need actual numbers from, lets call it a bit more reliable source. Any one in here that can help???

Best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francesco301)
    Hi everyone!

Im doing a research paper on the question if the American nation is divided and if there actually is a "culture war" within the nation.
    I found a lot of good books and articles on the subject, my problem is just that a lot of the tables and graphs that are used in the texts are a bit old or I can't find them anywhere on the internet.
    I need two tables. One showing the votes of the presidential election 2008 divided in race, and another showing the attitudes towards abortion and homosexuality in large cities (gate way areas) and smaller cities and rural areas. I checked PEW, US census bureau, polling report and so on. The only thing i found was a CNN report. Their report is based on voters that were asked directly after they voted.
    I need actual numbers from, lets call it a bit more reliable source. Any one in here that can help???

Best
    The first table would probably rely on exit polling. Not sure if this is what you pulled up but this presents it very nicely http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#USP00p1

CNN hired Edison Media Research (EMR) to do their polling so I would feel comfortable using their data in an academic context.

The second table has a pretty broad scope. What area of opinions on homosexuality are you trying to investigate (gays in the military, gay marriage, gay adoptiton, etc...)?

Also, I would check the polling section of http://www.realclearpolitics.com. They compile polling numbers from a variety of sources.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.