Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MUST READ!!! If you Drive and it snows! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ignore this. Just found out its just a hoax. Sorry for that. I didn't mean to do that.

ReputationRep:
    The amount of cars i have seen today with uncleared snow is ridiculous. One lady's car had snow all on the front, and it covered up half the front of the windscreen.. seriously how hard is it to just brush it off...

ReputationRep:
    Thats a good point...I wont be driving in the snow though, at the minute the cars stuck up the drive and Mum wouldn't let me. The amount of cars I've seen and the number plates aren't clean are stupid, I thought it would be illegal and this just proves it. And then there are so many cars with loads and loads of snow still on them, how hard is it to just brush it off?

ReputationRep:
    I'm giving you rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabers)
    Thats a good point...I wont be driving in the snow though, at the minute the cars stuck up the drive and Mum wouldn't let me. The amount of cars I've seen and the number plates aren't clean are stupid, I thought it would be illegal and this just proves it. And then there are so many cars with loads and loads of snow still on them, how hard is it to just brush it off?
    Lol. Exactly. I was wondering about it as well because I fully clean my dad's car every day from snow and still see those who don't do it except the windscreen.

I'm just wondering why the police still isn't doing anything. I saw cars going past the police with a 'mattress' of snow on their roof and they didn't do nothing...

ReputationRep:
    And this is in the legal employment section why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    I'm just wondering why the police still isn't doing anything. I saw cars going past the police with a 'mattress' of snow on their roof and they didn't do nothing...
    More important things to deal with like accidents etc. If your so close to the driver infront that you cant react to snow coming off their vechicle then your at fault not them as you should be able to stop before you reach the snow like you would them if you breaked.

also feel sorry for female drivers im to short to reach the roof of my car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    More important things to deal with like accidents etc. If your so close to the driver infront that you cant react to snow coming off their vechicle then your at fault not them as you should be able to stop before you reach the snow like you would them if you breaked.

also feel sorry for female drivers im to short to reach the roof of my car
    True, I never thought of that. But would it not work with a broom or something? Or is it still difficult?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sure it said on the news this evening that that wasn't true - you wouldn't get points or a fine.

Unless that was a dream, but I'm so sure my mum was all like 'SEE????' to my dad but then the man was like 'but that's not true!' and my dad was all smug.

ReputationRep:
    True, I never thought of that. But would it not work with a broom or something? Or is it still difficult?
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: my poor paint work, would never ever take a broom to my car and I could possibly reach the middle of the car with a broom but mam at 5foot would have no chance she cant even hit it with a power washer.

ReputationRep:
    Only the rules that say "MUST" are legal requirements. How do you know you'd get fined and points with snow on your roof?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckylucifer)
    Only the rules that say "MUST" are legal requirements. How do you know you'd get fined and points with snow on your roof?
    btw thanks for the negative rep for trying to help others...

ReputationRep:
    My mum is a driving instructor and I said this to her. She raised her eye brow as if to say 'no shizzle Sherlock', and then went on to say that the snow may fall behind you and make the car behind skid, fall ahead and block your windscreen, or affect pedestrians.

I didn't know this, but there's no way I'll be driving in the snow. It's scary...

ReputationRep:
    The first one is contradictory to your first post? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    PROTIP: Using an emergency stop to clear the snow off your roof is not the wisest of ideas when the roads are covered in ice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova92)
    The amount of cars i have seen today with uncleared snow is ridiculous. One lady's car had snow all on the front, and it covered up half the front of the windscreen.. seriously how hard is it to just brush it off...
    It's mad! How they possibly think it's acceptable to drive like that is beyond me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    My mum is a driving instructor and I said this to her. She raised her eye brow as if to say 'no shizzle Sherlock', and then went on to say that the snow may fall behind you and make the car behind skid, fall ahead and block your windscreen, or affect pedestrians.

I didn't know this, but there's no way I'll be driving in the snow. It's scary...
    It's new and the penalty is just starting today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    The first one is contradictory to your first post? :teehee:
    Yeah true, but check the last one.

ReputationRep:
    Research suggests you're talking *******s poker, nice trollage though

Yeah true, but check the last one.
    Please post a link from a .police source, otherwise what you're saying is just hearsay.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's new and the penalty is just starting today.
    As has been proven in this thread already, it's a hoax sent via text message.
    Humberside police have said themselves that it is a hoax.

However, I would suggest that people don't drive with excessive amounts of snow on the roof of their cars, if there's a build up of more than an inch or two I personally suggest they try to clear the worst of it off.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.