Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is anyone doing Restoration by Rose tremain for their AS English Lit and lang course, it's just that I can'y find any revision or analysis material and it's getting realy annoying, 'cause there's revision stuff for almost every other novel except for Restoration. So do you know where I can find revision material for Restoration? Ohh, and how did you find the book?

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

ReputationRep:
    Hey ! There are probably no replies cause no one I know in any other schools do this book. I do it for English in College and it is so bad - mainly because there is nothing online to do with revision, it was actually a really unknown book written by the author - a clear bad choice from both my teacher and yours
    Anyway, as soon as she gives me notes for it I will post them x

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    i have been doing restoration for my english alevel too.. i find it really hard so any of your notes would be helpful. -
    i have a few that you might like me to share with you;

Merivels change in voice -
    Chapter one: samantic feilds : the atomical knowlage/ the body.
    > the heart, ulcer, ribs, organs, heal, puterfaction, suppuration.
    the use of short sentences show that he is thinking quickly and his life is moving at a fast rate.
    asides - uncommon but when they are present are there for a long time.

low frequency lexis, pertubation, ravages, fandangling, nonchalently, rapturous, louche.

Archaisums: runicund, bexiwue

he has a eleborate/ fancy way of talking.

Chapter 16.
    samantic feild faith and pain
    >pray.

uses more complex senteces.
    more calm and mature & plain way of talking.

im sorry i dont have more notes on chapter 16 i will try and get back to you with more notes.

Relationships between merivel and pearce: M=merivel. P=Pearce.

the heart/ chaper one: they learn together. P influence over M, shows their history together, p consice m knows it.

Ps death: shared historry. M is M not robert.,Deep trust (P admits he is scared)

after Ceilia incident M hears Ps voice. : knows p vlues has interniled m (m can hear/ think what p would what when he is absent.) p is present tho physicaly not there. p is like ms conscience, m conscience in ps voice.

p at ms wedding: turns to p in time of need/ crisis.

M present P as comic and rediculus but unreliable natarive voice so we dont seem to agree.
    P is there when M prays. (p is a god send?)

Ps voice is : less flashy, religios tone, plainer than m.

P hides his love for friends, harsh on his friends for their own good. criticul to people.

i hope this helps you a little bit

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.