The Student Room Group

I hate intellectuals

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jb9191
You don’t have the technology OR the steady hands to pull off a procedure like that so HA!

Boom Chicka Wow Wa ! I am McLovin' !

Haha i'll 'low that.

All hail McLovin!
Errr.... aggradise isn't a word.
Reply 82
Original post by TheRevolution
Yeah but why should people be respected for getting a lucky ticket in the genetic lottery?

Sure they had to work hard and think hard to achieve what they did but there work paid off only because of luck in the beginning.

Who said they're respected for getting lucky? They're respected because they worked hard to achieve great things. Fair enough, getting the right genes for high intelligence is advantageous, but it doesn't guarantee them great achievements.

And, so what if they got a lucky ticket in the genetic lottery? Variation exists at the heart of life, so clearly, when the highly intelligent life forms (us humans), there will be those who are more intelligent others. Its life. Deal with it. Move on with your life.
intellectuals are just the sum of their parts... only what they produce counts...
Reply 84
have you people ever heard of typos?

No, what is that?
I don't respect your concept of calibre.

Intellectuals are like any other people gifted advantages in life - completley undeserving of praise or aggrandisement words such as "calibre" give.

I'll insult whoever the hell i bloody want and won't take advice from a hack like you.

you trollin brah?
Reply 86
Good luck with your life. [insert pic of dustbin man]
Reply 87
Then don't ****ing reply you stupid pig. GTFO.

Is someone throwing a little tantrum? Are you mad?
They have such a high opinion of themselves - probably leading to their happiness.

They understadn things and dont struggle as much as others, they get to go to the best Universities and feel aggradised.

They get to come up with good ideas and think with great clarity of mind.

They get pleasure out of writing essays about interesting topics while others' brains just struggle and don't have the minds necessary to digest the question and be original.

All of these amazing blessings are handed to the intelliectually gifted by complete chance and luck. There is no justification for it other than they did well in that one chanc one gets before birth in the genetic lottery. A competition that dictates the happiness and satisfaction of your whole life.

These people bloody awful.

And you show your ignorance by not realising that you are actually talking about arrogance? Intelligence and arrogance are two separate things. I've met unintelligent but arrogant people, and met some of the kindest, nicest people I've ever met, who also happen to be among the most intelligent people I've ever met.
Reply 89
cheer up bro :smile:
Haters gonna hate, dawg
Original post by AidanLunn
And you show your ignorance by not realising that you are actually talking about arrogance? Intelligence and arrogance are two separate things. I've met unintelligent but arrogant people, and met some of the kindest, nicest people I've ever met, who also happen to be among the most intelligent people I've ever met.

Why are people on this sight so quick to criticise others? It's hilariously pompous because most of the time you are wrong. Nothing I said in the OP made any reference to arrogance. "Ignorance"? Please. STFU.

And in case no one has seen my reply to previous posts:

I don't want to hear any more bull**** referring to how good a "troll" I am.

I am not a ****ing troll and I say it proudly.

So many hacks are talking *******s about how much hard work helps - are you therefore implying that all people have equally good brains with the same potential? Perhaps you are ingoring this complete nonsense which is a part of all your arguments.

Genetic diversity is not something to admire or "get over" but something to act on, you unrevolutionary and reactionary twits (yes, i notice the irony). Perhaps Social Darwinism needs to be what guides are society; only intelligent people should reproduce; what is the point of having 1 in 3 people being complete losers unable to compete with others and condemned to a life of depression, dissatisfaction and, of course, jealosy.

Or do you all admit that people less clever than you are the source of your satisfaction? After all, intelligence is relative.
Reply 92
troll
Reply 93
In a world with only intellectuals, who cleans the toilets?

Using the IQ measure just as an illustration and please avoid getting into the debate on how accurate/good a measure it is, in a world where no one has an IQ of < 120 all those that have an IQ of 120-130 are suddenly stupid if many others have 130 or 140 or 150 +.

As Einstein showed, everything is relative.
Original post by Daniel-Ballingall
and the sense of posting this in a site full of them is.............?

hahahaha TSR filled with intellectuals ahahahahaha
you do realise that this website is absolutely full to the brim of those types of people??
Reply 96
The whole point in life is to have enough money to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle. There are thousands of first class graduates in all disciplines unable to get decent jobs and struggling hand to mouth each month. Unfortunately it is drummed into people at an early age that academia is the only route to wealth and success. Now because so many people go to University, a degree is now a basic requirement just to stack shelves or make the boss's coffee.
I would be far more envious of self made successful people than any highly regarded academic sitting around in a chilly flat eating beans out of a tin.
Reply 97
Try find out something you do well and channel your efforts there. At any rate, quit whining and do something constructive. (:
Reply 98
If we didn't have un-intellectuals we probably wouldn't have much of a social life, I doubt clubs, tv, even music would be anywhere near as good.
They have such a high opinion of themselves - probably leading to their happiness.

Genetic diversity is not something to admire or "get over" but something to act on, you unrevolutionary and reactionary twits (yes, i notice the irony). Perhaps Social Darwinism needs to be what guides are society; only intelligent people should reproduce; what is the point of having 1 in 3 people being complete losers unable to compete with others and condemned to a life of depression, dissatisfaction and, of course, jealosy.

Or do you all admit that people less clever than you are the source of your satisfaction? After all, intelligence is relative.

These people bloody awful.

our*?

you hate intellectuals, yet you think that only intelligent people should be allowed to reproduce?:lolwut:

Troll :troll:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending