Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't date blacks and chinese - racist? Watch

Announcements

Basically what the title says, I'm a guy and I don't date blacks and chinese girls cos I don't find them attractive, does this make me a racist?

Serious replies only, thanks TSR

ReputationRep:
    No, next question.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you don't date them because you don't find them attractive and not because they're black or chinese, or do you not find them attractive *because* they are black or Chinese?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pensivedore)
    Well, you don't date them because you don't find them attractive and not because they're black or chinese, or do you not find them attractive *because* they are black or Chinese?
    this. and are you sayin you are entirely sure you will never find one attractive? surely you don't know that ?

ReputationRep:
    indian are 'alwight' though

ReputationRep:
    I don't date guys. Does that make me a homophobe?

ReputationRep:
    It's only racist to a black or Asian that wishes to be a victim.

Otherwise it's personal preference

Chinese because 99% of them are too slight and androgynous, bodies of 12 year old boys. Blacks because I don't find them attractive, and because they're black tbh

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I dont see how you can dismiss an entire race? It might just be me... but I've seen attractive people of all colours, race dosent come into it for me, an attractive person is an attractive person regardless of colour, so I don't quite understand your mindset.

ReputationRep:
    You're racist for thinking that it could be racist meaning you're treating them differently.

ReputationRep:
    Do you date Koreans?

ReputationRep:
    No. and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. That's like saying that a straight man is a homophobe because he doesn't date other blokes.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is tiny bit racist to rule out a massive proportion of the world from ever dating you purely because of the colour of their skin.

However you can help having a type and if you do than that's good but theres no need to make feel bad and inadequate about the colour of their skin. I would just keep it to myself if I was you.

ReputationRep:
    You should capitalise the nouns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sendaii)
    No. and don't let anyone convince you otherwise. That's like saying that a straight man is a homophobe because he doesn't date other blokes.
    A straight man not being attracted to men is completely different to a white man not being attracted to 'black or chinese'. A straight man is not attracted to men because he is not gay so by your logic a white man not being attracted to blacks and chinese is because he is racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes you are racist. There is no such thing as personal preference that is just sugar coating a racist mindset.
    You're an idiot. And I think that you posted Anonymous just to post that proves that you know your post was idiotic.

So... you're seriously going to tell me that there is no such thing as "personal preference" concerning the physical attributes (or otherwise; personality, etc etc ) of members of the sex that you are "into"?

ReputationRep:
    No it's not being racist, it's just a preference. Maybe you should keep it to yourself rather than troll the internet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/op...?_r=1&emc=eta1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    Do you date Koreans?
    Are you Korean?

ReputationRep:
    This^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rugbyladosc)
    A straight man not being attracted to men is completely different to a white man not being attracted to 'black or chinese'. A straight man is not attracted to men because he is not gay so by your logic a white man not being attracted to blacks and chinese is because he is racist.
    No... a straight man is not attracted to other men because he is not gay; it's his preference concerning attraction. Similarly, just because a white male isn't attracted to members of other races it doesn't make him racist; again, it's just his preference.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.