Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met this guy about three months ago and we went along pretty well straight away. He was always sending me texts, asking me to go out and dropping hints that he'd like to be more than just friends.
    I was really hesitant in the beginning, because I had a really bad break-up a few months before and wasn't over my ex. However, with time I started to like the other guy more and more. Yet, about two weeks ago he completely changed. He doesn't text me, he seems to be avoiding me and when we meet (by accident) he barely speaks to me.

I'm really, really upset. I have no idea what I did wrong.

ReputationRep:
    you gave him the cold shoulder
    now he is returning the favour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    Pretty much this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    pretty much, well at least that's how he sees it. sad times.

ReputationRep:
    What was said above. Also if this guy was overly keen... I'd say he might be those types that wear their heart on their sleeve and get intensely interested in someone fairly fast... and being that way he has found someone else that has taken his intense interest?

Or maybe it's something entirely unrelated. Maybe his dog died.

ReputationRep:
    You emotionally went back to your ex.

what did you think was going to happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met this guy about three months ago and we went along pretty well straight away. He was always sending me texts, asking me to go out and dropping hints that he'd like to be more than just friends.
    I was really hesitant in the beginning, because I had a really bad break-up a few months before and wasn't over my ex. However, with time I started to like the other guy more and more. Yet, about two weeks ago he completely changed. He doesn't text me, he seems to be avoiding me and when we meet (by accident) he barely speaks to me.

I'm really, really upset. I have no idea what I did wrong.
    Ok tell him your sorry for ignoring him (even if you did.didnt) and just tell him straight that you like him (if you still do!!!).
    I really wish that people just spoke their mind these days!!! People walk around the broken edges of social convention and wonder why they trip and fall..... and it makes me sad

ReputationRep:
    He's got over you or is trying to get over you. Either way, he has given up on you.

Since you didn't have strong feelings for him, should be pretty easy for you to get over him as well.

TBH to me it seems like it's just your ego that took a little hit. But you really can't expect guys to keep running after you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llys)
    He's got over you or is trying to get over you. Either way, he has given up on you.

Since you didn't have strong feelings for him, should be pretty easy for you to get over him as well.

TBH to me it seems like it's just your ego that took a little hit. But you really can't expect guys to keep running after you...
    This. And all the other posts above.

Girls ought to stop thinking that once a guy likes them, they can afford to treat them like anything. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just-Some-Guy)
    I really wish that people just spoke their mind these days!!! People walk around the broken edges of social convention and wonder why they trip and fall..... and it makes me sad
    Amen to that. Talk to him. Explain things. If he really does like you then he'll understand. If he doesn't then he's not worth it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.