Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    okay so this is a little awkward, but i get really really bad monthly pains and so my mum has decided to have me fitted with a coil when im sixteen. however some people have said that its really painful and im not a very pain-accepting person, and also im very uncomfortable with people looking at my other end if you know what i mean. Are there any other forms of contraception that would help? and if so whats the best??? i know it varies for different people but i just want people's opinion before i talk to a doctor, cuz he's a guy and wont have been through it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Your mum's decided? Is she allowed to do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Your mum's decided? Is she allowed to do that?
    I love how guys jump at a thread that is directed explicitly at females :rolleyes:

Coil sounds... awkward/painful and metal. I have no knowledge or experience to impart. I hope it all works out!

At least I was a girl :yep::thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried the pill or anything first? Coils a bit drastic if you havnt tried anything else....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, coil seems like a very big step if you've never tried anything before. Most people start with the pill! It's supposed to be good for the pain thing as well (or you could just stick with nurofen like me ^^)

Implant works fairly well. I used to get pretty bad pains every month and they've gone now (have had it for just over a year)
    Although what happens to "the time of the month" isnt predictabe, I found I didn't get cramps etc

Maybe go to the doctors and see what they suggest. Your GP will know what's best.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 2, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.