The Student Room Group

I chose the wrong subjects and I don't know what to do.

I started my A-Levels in September and I already know I didn't choose the right ones. I'm not sure what to do because it's December and I can't change them now. I chose 4 essay based subjects and I know I should have done maths and sciences. Is there anything I can do?
Reply 1
See how well you do and if you do badly you could ask to resit the year or do different subjects next year, but it would mean staying at college for three years instead of two.
Original post by SabrielRyelle
I started my A-Levels in September and I already know I didn't choose the right ones. I'm not sure what to do because it's December and I can't change them now. I chose 4 essay based subjects and I know I should have done maths and sciences. Is there anything I can do?

First of all try to find something you could still do with the subjects you have. Maybe do some research and probably there is something you could do with the 4 subjects.

Otherwise talk to your head of 6th Form and / or subject teachers. They would be happy to help you normally. If you 100% are not happy with your choices, ask them to change your subjects. I don't think it is that late. After all you can still do all the exams of the first year in Summer next year. I have seen people changing their minds much later, so you are not that late.

Quick Reply