The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Social Work 2011

Has anyone applied for 2011 to study Social Work at Sheffield Hallam? :smile:
Reply 1
YES You are the first person on the whole of TSR that I can find who has applied for social work anywhere! Have you heard back from them yet?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
I know, i couldn't find anybody either! Thats why i started the threads. I have literally just been offered an interview day at SHU (24th January). Have you? Where else have you applied? :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah I also started a couple of threads, no luck so far however. Ugh haven't heard back from them yet, don't know if that is a good or bad sign. Did you get a letter through the post today? I have also applied to, Leeds, Leeds Met, Birmingham City and Nottingham Trent. How about you?
Reply 4
I know, you're the only one that replied to mine! I don't know of anybody applying for social work. Don't worry, it states that there are several interview days so you may have a later date or something. It did only come through the post this morning!
I applied to Keele (the one i really wanted to go to! and got rejected :frown:) York, Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Lincoln.
Who have you heard from so far? Good luck with it by the way :smile:
Reply 5
Well i applied pretty much to the same places last year and got rejected from all of them (really wanted to go to nottingham trent) managed to get an interview there but didn't make it past that. So this year I am aiming to get as much work experience as possible! I sent my application off 3-4 weeks a go and haven't heard back from anyone yet :s-smilie: but I suppose no news is good news!

Sorry to hear you didn't get in where you wanted, after last year I have decided I don't care where I go as long as someone wants me! Haha.

Yeah you too - it's pretty comforting to find someone else in the same position! Would be nice to keep in touch if you want?
Reply 6
Work experience will look good. I've got nursing experience and am getting social work experience in January, which i'm looking forward to. Plus the fact that you've re applyed will show that your determined :smile:
I had an interview day at Leeds just before christmas, they were really friendly! Got interview at York and Sheffield next. Still not heard from Lincoln. I sent my application off at end of october, so don't worry about not hearing from places yet! It took ages for me too.
Agreed. I would love to stay in touch. How would be best?
Reply 7
I'm guessing you will be applying as a mature student then? My age is my downfall! I'm only a baby compared to many that apply for social work! Well done for getting that far with interviews already! Up to you, on here, e-mail, facebook? :smile:
Reply 8
Ohhh no! Only just turned 18 myself! I think age is a problem with social work - they do tend to prefer mature students with experience.
Thank you! Interviews are a good start :smile:
Facebook? Search Lauren Price. Profile is all private but should show profile pic. i have ginger hair so u should find me easy enough :smile: if not let me know on here!
Reply 9
I'm guessing you will be applying as a mature student then? My age is my downfall! I'm only a baby compared to many that apply for social work! Well done for getting that far with interviews already! Up to you, on here, e-mail, facebook? :smile:
Reply 10
Ohhh no! Only just turned 18 myself! I think age is a problem with social work - they do tend to prefer mature students with experience.
Thank you! Interviews are a good start
Facebook? Search Lauren Price. Profile is all private but should show profile pic. i have ginger hair so u should find me easy enough if not let me know on here!
Reply 11
Too many Lauren Price's! Laura Doyle.... black dress and blonde hair, pulling a rather cheesey smile! Haha.
Reply 12
You have private mail on here haha :smile: ... i hope anyway! Still getting to grips with this website!

Quick Reply

Latest