The Student Room Group

God Poll

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teveth
Okay.

A.) To say you don't believe in God simply means that you do not hold the belief with 100% certainty (or something close to 100%) that God exists.

B.) To say that you believe there isn't a God means that you are saying with 100% certainty (or something close to 100%) that God does not exist.

If someone were to put the chances of God existing at 5%, it means he is subscribing to A, but not to B. I hope that clears it up.

Fair enough, I sort of see what you're trying to say :smile: Just making sure you weren't saying the same thing twice over
Original post by manga-freak
LOL. love the knowledge of hinduism, i totally respect that. I only have some possibly out of date wiki-knowledge of it. however how i understood it was that it is possible to be a hindu and not have to believe in a god or gods/goddesses ect. as (like i said) it is not as dogmatic so it's kinda 'allowed' to pick and choose the parts you want to believe and let influence your life. Much like a philosophy not a religion.

anyway forget the rastafarians. what about the Pastafarians
of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. (look it up. It exists).

Thank you, thank you. It took me 30mins to revise for that RE exam but i still came out with an A*. I miss GCSEs, it was an easier time....
Oh I see, I thought you said Hidus dont believe in God, not that you dont have to believe in God to be a hindu, my bad :biggrin:
I looked up the pastafarians- lol very funny
Reply 42
Original post by No Man
I do believe there was some sort of force that started the universe, but that's it.
I don't believe in preying, holy books, Heaven or Hell, etc, because that stuff doesn't add up imo at all.

Idk if that would count as theism though.

Majora's Mask is an epic classic.
Christians, Muslims and Jews believe in the same God - there are no versions.
Reply 44
75% Atheist 25% agnostic

OP is right, for all intents and purposes, agnostics are atheists.
why is Islam seperated from Christianity, then all other religions seperated from both of them but put togeather?
Reply 46
Original post by mathperson
why is Islam seperated from Christianity, then all other religions seperated from both of them but put togeather?

Islam and Christianity are the two most prominent religions in Britain, so I decided to give them each their own poll option. There simply wasn't enough poll options available to me for me to give every single religion on Earth its own poll option, so I grouped them all together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending