Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi!
    I haven t done these in a while & don t have the answers to these questions,they re biology qs, I have to draw a histogram,can t remember how to get the frequency & how to organise this

Rep for your help & also for answers that back up other ppl s answers/corrections.
    Thanks
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    PLEASE somebody?
    It can t be that impossible

ReputationRep:
    Frequency density = Frequency divided by class width. After you've found the freq. dens. for each class interval. Label y 'frequency density' then draw the bars. Suppose 11-19 is a class interval, and 16 is the frequency. The bar would go up 2 (16 divided by (19-11)). and it would be very wide (from 11- 19 on the x axis)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrainFactory)
    Frequency density = Frequency divided by class width. After you've found the freq. dens. for each class interval. Label y 'frequency density' then draw the bars. Suppose 11-19 is a class interval, and 16 is the frequency. The bar would go up 8 (16 divided by (19-11)). and it would be very wide (from 11- 19 on the x axis)
    Thanks for the reply
    This is gonna sound really stupid but how do I get the frequency from the table

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hissyfit)
    Thanks for the reply
    This is gonna sound really stupid but how do I get the frequency from the table
    The figures that are not bold show the frequencies.

ReputationRep:
    So for the 1st one I do 30/(79-70)
    or do I divide it by (139-120)
    Sorry I m really clueless.

ReputationRep:
    Attache the graph for you. Add in labels and I think that's correct
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docxHistogram.docx (17.6 KB, 97 views)

ReputationRep:
    Can you please check the graph aliakhtar put up please.Thanks

Method thanks to aliakhtar :thumbsup:
    You'd need to find out frequency density for each one which is basically Frequency/Class width

The class width of the first one is 120-139 so the width is 19.

The frequencies for the class 120-139 are : 13,14,17 ( Non-bold)

So the frequency density for those would be 13/19, 14/19 and 17/19. You'd plot the classes on the x-axis and the frequency density on the y-axis. Under the class 120-139 you would draw three bars in three different colors showing the the three different pressures. You'd make a key for the diastolic pressure each color shows. Make sure the bars are stacked together with no spaces in between.

ReputationRep:

You'd need to find out frequency density for each one which is basically Frequency/Class width

So the frequency density for those would be 13/19, 14/19 and 17/19. You'd plot the classes on the x-axis and the frequency density on the y-axis. Under the class 120-139 you would draw three bars in three different colors showing the the three different pressures. You'd make a key for the diastolic pressure each color shows. Make sure the bars are stacked together with no spaces in between.

Correction : There would be no frequency densities as the last class has no width ( > or something . That's why in my graph I just plotted normal frequencies. Other than that I think my method is correct.

ReputationRep:

It is fine. You can't do the last one because, like he said, it is >160 and has no width.

ReputationRep:
    It is fine. You can't do the last one because, like he said, it is >160 and has no width.
    thanks a million
    Rep for both of you in a couple of hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.